mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Hope Pro II SS Hub Bearings

Does anyone know whether the bearings in the Hope Pro II SS hubs are a 'standard' size? I am about to build up a new set and while I have been a King fan for quite a while, I am thinking about trying something new. One of the things I find most intriguing about the Hopes is their flexibility. The ability to chnage front axle formats is a cool feature. While it is hardly a negative, the King hubs take sealing to a new level. I would think that while nice, those willing to do regular mainenance would not notice a significant drop off in longevity. If the bearings are fairly standard, then after market replacements become an option, which they are not for King (other than with new King bearings). Don;t mean to reignite the whole King / Hope / Hadley, etc question, but...
    MTBDad
    MCM #47.867

"Freedom has a scent like the top of a newborn baby's head" - Bono

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I have been running the Pro II's for a little while now, with the SS rear. So far they seem great, no complaints at all. The bearings seem standard from the blow up diagram I have, and I just checked to see if enduro makes any of them and appears they do:

https://koore.net/bikecrap07/hope_pro2_exploded.jpg

I haven't done a bearing swap on these yet so I'm sure someone who has would have a better idea though...

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Here, this should answer your questions:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=283367

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    I have 2 sets of Pro2 (one on the SS, one on the FS...and they are great...

I recently swapped the axle on one of the rears from QR to 10mm TA and everything was pristine..after a year of use the grease was still clean... great seals

Members who have read this thread: 0