holy jim to main divide to trabuco tomorrow- Mtbr.com
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

New question here. holy jim to main divide to trabuco tomorrow

anyone want to do the toad festival route tomorrow morning? early start, like 7:30 from senor lico's. should be a nice day for it.

You Are What You Is
    Damn, I wish I could make it. I'm working OT tomorrow, but I'll try and ride on Sunday. Will you still be up for a ride Sunday?

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

sure, sunday's fine too.

morning or afternoon? we can cruise Aliso-Wood and maybe Laguna Wilderness on Sunday, get some coffee at diedrichs by main beach and watch pretty girls in bikinis play volleyball.

damn, life is good!

giddy up!

tempting route....

....but I think I am going to hit the old 38/SART/jenks lake loop....I wanna get up there before it starts getting to hot and buggy.

Have fun up there on Trabuco!

Quote Originally Posted by eSSq
    anyone want to do the toad festival route tomorrow morning? early start, like 7:30 from senor lico's. should be a nice day for it.
    www.thepathbikeshop.com

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
    SART is 'sposed to be one excellent trail. i've never ridden it; i really should though. you're talking about an all-day adventure with that ride, for sure.

be careful and have a great ride!

giddy up!

Yeah, you've got to check it out!...

....it's a great trail, and it doesn't see a lot of traffic for some reason....The loop that I'll do tomorrow is a pretty long loop, definitely a 6-7 hour affair....somewhere in the 35-40 mile range, but all fun:-)

SART is 'sposed to be one excellent trail. i've never ridden it; i really should though. you're talking about an all-day adventure with that ride, for sure.

be careful and have a great ride!
    www.thepathbikeshop.com

You Are What You Is

SART is sweeet!

I've only ridden SART once but it definitely was a memorable ride. The only part I hated was the dirt road climb at the end. After 30 or so miles I wasn't in the mood for that. I'd like to try it on my SS, though. There's nothing really hilly at all, just a slow gradual climb that's barely noticeable until the return trip. Then it's all smiles. I'll have to find a different start point as to avoid that first steep dirt road.

You Are What You Is

eSSq...

If I can ride Sunday it would be EARLY. Like 7:00 early. That way my family doesn't complain too much. I don't see my wife at all during the week so I try not to be gone too long on the weekends. Not to mention, the Lakers play the Spurs on Sunday. You KNOW I'm not missin' that.

giddy up!

You can always....

.....park on glass road, which is the road that you cross at the halfway point...that way you can go up to south fork, back past your car to the fireroad,and then back to your car....but then you miss all the singletrack behind the post office, which is the shizzy!

There's quite a few options up there....get a map of the area and see what you can think of...there really are ton's of different ways to ride that trail system.

Quote Originally Posted by P-Funk
    I've only ridden SART once but it definitely was a memorable ride. The only part I hated was the dirt road climb at the end. After 30 or so miles I wasn't in the mood for that. I'd like to try it on my SS, though. There's nothing really hilly at all, just a slow gradual climb that's barely noticeable until the return trip. Then it's all smiles. I'll have to find a different start point as to avoid that first steep dirt road.
    www.thepathbikeshop.com

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Good job!

that could happen. if you're up for it, give me a call on saturday to confirm.

You Are What You Is
    that could happen. if you're up for it, give me a call on saturday to confirm.
    Will do.

Medium?

Definitely jealous.

I speak for the trees
    I took a relatively new rider up Holy Jim last Friday, just as the Santa Anas came howling in. It was a tough slog into 30-mph winds most of the way from Sr. Lico's. Anyway, my point was watch out for the poison oak!! It's not too bad down in the bottom, but as you climb there were a lot of wispy branches reaching out into the trail, and it was particularly bad just before the spring.

BTW, Chris, when you want to do SART, let me know. It's great riding up there and there are a number of options, one of which will make you think you're riding in redwoods in NorCal.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

santa ana winds blow.

Quote Originally Posted by lorax
    I took a relatively new rider up Holy Jim last Friday, just as the Santa Anas came howling in. It was a tough slog into 30-mph winds most of the way from Sr. Lico's. Anyway, my point was watch out for the poison oak!! It's not too bad down in the bottom, but as you climb there were a lot of wispy branches reaching out into the trail, and it was particularly bad just before the spring.

BTW, Chris, when you want to do SART, let me know. It's great riding up there and there are a number of options, one of which will make you think you're riding in redwoods in NorCal.
    i've abandoned this route before because of high, hot winds out there, but i've also finished the ride feeling so fresh i was ready to do it again. hopefully tomorrow will be the latter.

thanks for the PO warning, but i am immune!

i would definitely be up for a SART ride someday. i've been thinking a Socal SS Gathering would be fun; maybe we could get something together for May. i'm sure ther'd be more interest in that than a last-minute CNF ride.

giddy up!

SoCal SS gathering on the SART...

...sometime in May! Let's get this thing going! Except it can't interfere with Tani's bikes and beer....can't miss that!

i've abandoned this route before because of high, hot winds out there, but i've also finished the ride feeling so fresh i was ready to do it again. hopefully tomorrow will be the latter.

thanks for the PO warning, but i am immune!

i would definitely be up for a SART ride someday. i've been thinking a Socal SS Gathering would be fun; maybe we could get something together for May. i'm sure ther'd be more interest in that than a last-minute CNF ride.
    www.thepathbikeshop.com

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

right on

Quote Originally Posted by donkey
    ...sometime in May! Let's get this thing going! Except it can't interfere with Tani's bikes and beer....can't miss that!
    how about the weekend of May 8/9? that's the week before bikes & beers (i had lunch a tustin brewery today - mmmm, beer). i'm going out of town the last week of May.

giddy up!

Works for me:-)

...That works for me...I'll start spreading the word tonight at the Aliso Fred right....

Oh, by the way, for those that don't know......Aliso, every friday, 5:30 at the church parking lot....friday fred ride..bring food, drinks....ride up to the rock at the top of lynx and chill.
    Good times, all are welcome and invited.

Anyways.....May 8th or 9th on the SART....let's see a show of hands?

how about the weekend of May 8/9? that's the week before bikes & beers (i had lunch a tustin brewery today - mmmm, beer). i'm going out of town the last week of May.
    www.thepathbikeshop.com

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

coo.

Quote Originally Posted by donkey
    ...That works for me...I'll start spreading the word tonight at the Aliso Fred right....

Oh, by the way, for those that don't know......Aliso, every friday, 5:30 at the church parking lot....friday fred ride..bring food, drinks....ride up to the rock at the top of lynx and chill.
    Good times, all are welcome and invited.

Anyways.....May 8th or 9th on the SART....let's see a show of hands?
    how 'bout a separate thread for the SART ride? since you know the ride, you wanna post it?

giddy up!

Will do...

....I'm all over it!

how 'bout a separate thread for the SART ride? since you know the ride, you wanna post it?
    www.thepathbikeshop.com

Members who have read this thread: 0