Hollywood to the Pink Courtesy Phone Please- Mtbr.com
    Expert Pushing SSer

Hollywood to the Pink Courtesy Phone Please

How is that Curtlo treating you? Are you able to run f/r discs? Can you describe the ride? What is the built weight? Looking at ss options that include discs. Here in the PNW discs are a huge advantage this time of year. Any input would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Mike
    Tuff Schist

ali'i hua
    Quote Originally Posted by Meat Foot
    How is that Curtlo treating you? Are you able to run f/r discs? Can you describe the ride? What is the built weight? Looking at ss options that include discs. Here in the PNW discs are a huge advantage this time of year. Any input would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Mike
    dude- the wife, cat and kid are going to disown you if you get another bike. and if you do get a curtlo- no pink. sorry- the world is only big enough for one pink SS.

HW is around- I think- I bought his sussy fork off of him! thanks, HW! sweet deal!

Expert Pushing SSer

Nah.....

Quote Originally Posted by SlowSSer
    dude- the wife, cat and kid are going to disown you if you get another bike. and if you do get a curtlo- no pink. sorry- the world is only big enough for one pink SS.

HW is around- I think- I bought his sussy fork off of him! thanks, HW! sweet deal!
    That is why friends have garages and the Swiss have airtight bank accounts. Plus the kid can't speak his mind yet.

No pink for me. Perhaps metallic gold or something.

I suppose a sussy fork is better than a sissy fork. Good luck with that fork. Helluva deal.

Mike
    Tuff Schist

34N 118W

you ringed?

Quote Originally Posted by Meat Foot
    How is that Curtlo treating you?
    so far so good, I'm really digging the reel feal of steal (sp?). The rigid fork is *mostly* nice and the carbon bar helps a lot too. I just occasionally get rattled on fast DH singtrack that has brake bumps or consecutive dips that sneak up on me. Always hunting for the clean line at speed is pretty intense too. The 36/21 gearing works out to be a hair easier than what I was running (32/18). The ebb w/disc combo is the hot setup - love it.

Are you able to run f/r discs?
    F/R discs is all I got. XTR calipers, XT levers & rotors. Ceramic pads. Again, so far, no complaints. No drag, good modulation, etc. No wet rides yet like your turf tho.

Can you describe the ride?
    yes.
    the ride is a nice change from the aluminum Klein. Some fat tires made a big diff. on the Klein, but nothing like a solid, steel frame. I don't think the Curtlo climbs as well tho, but overall it's a great ride and fits me much better than the old bike. The carbon post adds a nice bit of cush too. Did the classic "look down to see if my rear tire is low" move. Always a good sign! I'm still slow, but at least I look good when I get passed.

What is the built weight?
    the frame weighed 4.8 at The Path. That's incl. the ebb insert. Built up with the rigid fork it's around 23.5 #. Not weight weiner, racer weight, but not "Padre" weight either . Doesn't feel heavy to me on the trails. I'm about to add a 'Zoke Marathon S, so that'll add a gram or two...I'll switch forks according to the ride. The frame is all OX Platinum, with the exception of the seat stays (OX 3?).

Looking at ss options that include discs. Here in the PNW discs are a huge advantage this time of year. Any input would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Mike
    hope that helps - git one! (and I bought up all the pink powder, so don't even consider it :-P) Vulture sounds like it would be a good bet.
    HW

Expert Pushing SSer

Tanks for the 4-eleven

Eye am knot n xsellent speller ither.

Looking forward to seeing it up close at the next BC gathering. You coming up in Spring? I am just curious about bikes. So thanks for the information. I generally agree with the climbing of the early 90's hardtail Klein compared to other rigs. That is what I had before my Bontrager. I remember the Klein being like a jack hammer strapped between the legs.

Cheers!

Mike
    Tuff Schist