Hollywood corrupted me- Mtbr.com
    zeebot

Hollywood corrupted me

So after i had recently gotten over my obession of upgrading my fsr to the teeth i fly to cali to ride with hollywood and crew and am immediately interested in his flaming pink rigid ride. a two minute climb up a reasonably steep hill instantly sold me with its super nimble response and surprisingly smooth ride and most importantly - simplicity.

Who wants to trade their SS for my loaded '03 stumpy fsr????

Anyone know how well american classic disc hubs convert to ss? What about XTR 952 cranks?? I'm thinking i can just get a frame and use most of the stuff from my current ride to make things easier.

thanks to hollywood for the cali experience and for effortlessly showing me what i should really be riding!

Cracker-magnon
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookykinkajou
    So after i had recently gotten over my obession of upgrading my fsr to the teeth i fly to cali to ride with hollywood and crew and am immediately interested in his flaming pink rigid ride. a two minute climb up a reasonably steep hill instantly sold me with its super nimble response and surprisingly smooth ride and most importantly - simplicity.

Who wants to trade their SS for my loaded '03 stumpy fsr????

Anyone know how well american classic disc hubs convert to ss? What about XTR 952 cranks?? I'm thinking i can just get a frame and use most of the stuff from my current ride to make things easier.

thanks to hollywood for the cali experience and for effortlessly showing me what i should really be riding!
    Yup. he has that effect on people....after I met him I had to convert my beer into an empty bottle.
    "Life is a F@#^ing story problem, get used to it - my son.

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?

they work great! i've been using them for a while on mine, with no problems. if you're going to keep them disc, and are using a frame with an ebb, then it's even easier, as you can keep them regular QR, and have no wheel slippage issues. however.....since they are an aluminum freehub body, you'll want to use a wide based cog, like a king or a boone ti, or the spicer cycles granny cog adapter. one solution i made was to take a bmx cog, and jb weld a smaller old cassette cog onto each sie in line with the splines. voila! easy, cheap wide cog that won't dig into the alu freehub body!

wow. nice run on there, eh?
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

34N 118W

you know you want it.

you find yourself staring at the Boone titanium cog....repeating to yourself...."must sell geared bikes....derailleurs bad.....pain good."

Look deeply into the diamond-encrusted headbadge....everything you need to know is right there inside....

what the hell am I talking about? Glad ya liked the girlie bike! Forgot to tell you about the hikers that were laughing at you when you rode by. Good times!

and am immediately interested in his flaming pink rigid ride.

easy there, Sparky.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Hollywood; 03-01-2004 at 11:28 PM.

get down!
    I would only use the Am Classic hubs on an EBB machine...I'm having troubles with wheel slippage with them on my Karate Monkey and that's with a Surly Tuggnut tensioner and a bolt on skewer. I ended up having to get a new wheel made which sucks
    Rudy Projects look ridiculous

visit my blog, BEATS, BIKES & LIFE

mtbr member

... and if we just ... How did you attach the headbadge?

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood
    you find yourself staring at the Boone titanium cog....repeating to yourself...."must sell geared bikes....derailleurs bad.....pain good."

Look deeply into the diamond-encrusted headbadge....everything you need to know is right there inside....

what the hell am I talking about? Glad ya liked the girlie bike! Forgot to tell you about the hikers that were laughing at you when you rode by. Good times!

easy there, Sparky.

I really like that headbadge! How did you attach it?

KavuBiker

34N 118W

tape

Quote Originally Posted by KavuBiker
    I really like that headbadge! How did you attach it?

KavuBiker
    3M automotive 2-sided tape. Strong sh!t. I thought it would rattle off but it ain't going nowheres. Found it at Pep Boys.

mtbr member

... and if we just ... Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood
    3M automotive 2-sided tape. Strong sh!t. I thought it would rattle off but it ain't going nowheres. Found it at Pep Boys.

Hey, whatever works, right?

Thanx!

KavuBiker

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

he corrupted me too! ...and I never even met the guy

I was having a helluva time picking a color for my new ride when I saw his curtlo and remembered the infamous Pink Lady bikes from yester-year and decided I better jump on this band-wagon before it's too late. here she is:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (22.4 KB, 437 views)

zeebot

vulture

Quote Originally Posted by d_piddy
    I was having a helluva time picking a color for my new ride when I saw his curlo and remembered the infamous Pink Lady bikes from yester-year and decided I better jump on this band-wagon before it's too late. here she is:

I spoke with wade today for a bit and he seemed to think he could get me a frame in one month to 6 weeks...perfect time for the beginning of riding season Have an order form being mailed to me...

34N 118W

congrats both y'all

Quote Originally Posted by Spookykinkajou
    I spoke with wade today for a bit and he seemed to think he could get me a frame in one month to 6 weeks...perfect time for the beginning of riding season Have an order form being mailed to me...
    very nice. I dig Wade and I think you'll be stoked. Just stay on him! (hi Wade )

D piddy - now you're talking. Love the bike We're going to need to coordinate Pinkfest '04 pretty soon.

HW

"Mr. Britannica"

pink ss bikes are everywhere!

Saw one this morning in the IF catalog..... for some reason I thought is was 'wood's.

mtbr member

It's all her fault

Subliminal messaging works!
    A bike by any other name is still a bike.

artistic...

hmmm..

Quote Originally Posted by Bigwheel

Subliminal messaging works!
    now i feel like buying a cowboy hat and a pink bra..WAIT A MINUTE!