Hey Shiggy - Dirt Drop questions- Mtbr.com
    velofix
    Dec 2006

Hey Shiggy - Dirt Drop questions

How much forward sweep is there on the WTB Mtn. Drop Bar? Do you prefer them over Midges?

I want to try some drops on my Monocog Flight 29er. No prob getting the tops up to seat height + 1 - 2". Are the Tektro road (short pull) levers compatable with Avid BB5s?

Thanks

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by velofix
    How much forward sweep is there on the WTB Mtn. Drop Bar? Do you prefer them over Midges?
    If you mean the current WTB drop, I do not know the dimensions. I have no interest in it because of the "anatomical" bend (an oxymoron IMO),

The Midge is designed to be what I want in an offroad drop. Not too much reach or drop, some flare and reasonably wide tops.

I want to try some drops on my Monocog Flight 29er. No prob getting the tops up to seat height + 1 - 2". Are the Tektro road (short pull) levers compatable with Avid BB5s?

Thanks
    I run my bars with the tops at or slightly below the saddle. How easily you can position your bars depends on your saddle height and the head tube height.

Road levers are useless with the BB5 (and BB7 mtn). You need long pull levers or BB7 ROAD calipers.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Members who have read this thread: 1