hey hollywood- Mtbr.com

Thread: hey hollywood

try driving your car less

hey hollywood

you mentioned the lust for a celeste fixy. it's not mine (dont know the guy or anything), but i too want one, so i searched ebay. the lbs owner restored an old one to it's celeste glory and it's so friggin sweet. i just want to try fixy first on a loaner before i jump in. i love my reparto corse cross bike and CUSS...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=22681
    Only boring people get bored.

34N 118W

thanks JOTC!

that's pretty sweet - thanks. Right size too.

I'm still searching for the "do-it-all Wonder Bike". Maybe a Cross Check with a fixed/free rear wheel and some 'cross tires? One bike that can be a on-road, off-road, fixie, freewheeled commuting curb-hopper. Bianchi's cross frames are very nice as well. Have I seen yours???

cheers,
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by jh_on_the_cape
    you mentioned the lust for a celeste fixy. it's not mine (dont know the guy or anything), but i too want one, so i searched ebay. the lbs owner restored an old one to it's celeste glory and it's so friggin sweet. i just want to try fixy first on a loaner before i jump in. i love my reparto corse cross bike and CUSS...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=22681

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    how about a crosscheck frame redone in celeste? i recently picked up some celeste touch up paint for my road fixie off the www.bianchiusa.com site, and noticed they have full spray cans for sale of it........

FWIW, my crosscheck is set up the way you describe.
    fenders and rack on it now for winter, but sports a 38 front ring, with a 16 fixed cog, and 20 freewheel. had to file the drops a bit-the tooth difference was a bit too much for the drops to take up all the slack without taking links out or screwing with SRAM easy link whatchamacallits.

oh yea, LOVE your Curtlo! i've got a "new leaf green" disc only Curtlo hardtail that is an absolute joy to ride!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

try driving your car less

here

for what you want, you should really track down one of these: bianchi cross project USA. they have a chain stay protector that says that. mine is geared for commuting. now has full fenders (planet bike, sooo much better than zefal). it has the semi-horz drops for SSing and tons of clearance for big tires. it has lugs. my drivetrain is almost dead, and when it finally gets unridable, i think i will SS it. then *maybe* get a disc rear wheel and get one of those fixed cogs that ricky dreamed up. but this is what you are looking for. no longer made, but can be found. make sure it says 'reparto corse'.

Only boring people get bored.