Hey girls, Barbie Camp is about to happen- Mtbr.com
    Out spokin'

Good job! Hey girls, Barbie Camp is about to happen

Now in its tenth year, BC is a regional mini-MTBfest that happens in Central Oregon whenever the time changes to or from Daylight Savings Time. (In 2004 the dates for Barbie Camp are April 2-4 and October 29-31.) We camp, ride and have big campfires and big fun. Anyone over the age of 18 with a tolerant sense of humor is welcome (the humor at BC is always in poor taste).

The fall edition traditionally includes about twice as many people as spring. Last fall there were ~70 folks present. Rides for all abilities happen all three days. The atmosphere is a giggle a minute and there are plenty of friends on hand -- some old, some new. Our mascot is a three foot tall Barbie doll.

This year we're doing a spaghetti feed Saturday evening for an $8 donation. All you can eat includes spag, salad, bread and possibly dessert, as well as a certain beverage for those over 21. RSVP if you want in -- supplies will be purchased based upon the number of participants that RSVP.

Heres how to drive to BC. May I suggest you print these directions and bring them with you:
    • Take Hwy 20/126 to the Metolius River/Camp <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comSherman</ST1</st1:City> Jct (Rd #14). This junction is ~45 miles north of the town of Bend, Oregon.
    • Turn north onto Rd #14 as though you are going to <ST1<st1:PlaceType>Camp</st1:PlaceType><st1:PlaceName>Sherman (junction is well marked)</st1:PlaceName></ST1.
    • At 2.7 miles on Rd #14, the road forks. Bear left at the fork onto Rd #1419.
    • Continue another .4 miles (thats 4/10ths of a mile) on #1419, then turn left onto <st1:Street><st1:address>FS Rd</st1:address></st1:Street> #100. (Pay attention -- no signs mark this turn).
    • Follow Rd #100 for ~1.8 miles to the campsite, watching for BC signs to guide you along #100. The signs along Rd #100 directing you to the BC campsite will be up by Friday afternoon.
    Hope y'all can make it!

--Sparty

disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

mtbr member
    Hey.. Maybe we can all get Snowed in this year...

I'm heading over Friday morning and will have Sarah in Tow.

I CAME I SAW I CONQUERED

You guys in the west are so lucky.....

I live in eastern Virginia and never much thought I wanted to even go out
    west much less live there till I started MTBing. I've seen so many nice riding
    areas it almost makes me sick. Enjoy your ride.

- V V V .
    "As a rule, men worry more about what they can't see than about what they can."
    -- Julius Caesar

highly visible

Sorry, can't make it this time

I'm really bummed about this, having made the last 3 BCs in a row, but I won't be able to go this time. My wife's in med school and BC concides with her Spring break. When you get a chance to hang out with the wife you hardly see for 3 months at a stretch, you go for it.

You guys have fun, and post lots of pics.

Out spokin'

Bring her!

Quote Originally Posted by GlowBoy
    I'm really bummed about this, having made the last 3 BCs in a row, but I won't be able to go this time. My wife's in med school and BC concides with her Spring break. When you get a chance to hang out with the wife you hardly see for 3 months at a stretch, you go for it.

You guys have fun, and post lots of pics.
    C'mon, man! We needja there! Bring yer girl -- we'll give her a hearty Barbie-rific initiation!

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

highly visible
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    C'mon, man! We needja there! Bring yer girl -- we'll give her a hearty Barbie-rific initiation!

--Sparty
    I've been trying to talk her into coming along, or at least letting us drop by for a while. I'll keep working on it.