Hey from Arkansas- Mtbr.com
    Strongbow or Bust!!!!

Hey from Arkansas

Took my first ride yesterday at Emerald Park in North Little Rock, and it was a blast! (since I have moved to Arkasas). Two steep switchbacks and a ride along the edge of the quarry next to the Arkasas river was really nice. It was also raining (made me think of Washington) and tons-o-mud as well.
    Bought a new house in Cabot and have settled in, school is going well and Elina and Junko are getting used to the heat here.

Rob

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Hey, Rob! Good to hear from you again. Are you a civilian now?
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Drinkin' Buddy

O Hisashiburi Desu

Good to hear you are back this side of the ocean and doing well. Any chance of a trip out west for Barbie Camp again?
    Got Beer?

Strongbow or Bust!!!!

Not yet..........

Hey Shiggy,
    No, I'm not on a civvy yet, just I re-trained into a new job (Flight Engineer) and I am stationed here at Little Rock AFB now. It seems that the riding here will be good, as next weekend we will try the trails at Camp Robinson. How are things with you?
    Rob

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

SaWeeeT!

Glad you are able to get out again and are safe back "home". Say hi to the missus and munchkin. Y'all are always welcome around here.

bike ON
    bob
    red-haze
    The more I know the more I know I don't know.
    Let the bike ride the trail, you ride the bike.
    Look where you want to go, not where you don't want to go.

Strongbow or Bust!!!!

Sure thing Bob

Yeah, it was nice to get back out on the trail after a long time off the bike due to my classes and schools and move and yadda yadda ;p.
    The house that I bought is new and has allot of room. It's nice to finally have my own place. Elina has a LARGE back yard and Junko has a deck to relax on (it came with the house). Anyway, nice to hear from everyone. Got to get out and finish my flower beds!!

Rob

Baron of Gray Matter
    May 2004
    Welcome to Arkansas, home of the Womble Trail and Syllamo. There is a lot of mountain biking in this state, with good trails all over the state. Emerald Park is a poor representation of what Arkansas has to offer in the way of mountain biking. Camp Robby is a wonderful place to ride, I don't even know how many miles of singletrack are there now, maybe 35-40+. There are group rides certain evenings during the week, I think there may be differeent groups going Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, but I'm not sure anymore. You can check at carpclub.com or BikeArkansas.com. The CARP web site has a trail map if you need one. Some of the trails listed are no longer in use due to expansion of the Airfield at Camp Robby.

There are a lot of mountain bikers at LRAFB and at Camp Robby. Many used to come in the bike shop I used to work at.

Starting to be a lot of SS riders here too. The state racing series has a SS class if you like to race.
    "Oh Dear, I've been redorkulated."
    Prof. Frink.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    I'm gonna be heading through arkansas on my road trip to colorado which begins sunday....
    Plan on spending a couple days in the fort smith/mena area to visit some extended in law family and take advantage of some ozark singletrack. Can't wait.

Strongbow or Bust!!!!

Give me a call

My home number is 501-605-0333. I was planning to goto Camp Robbie this weekend and check it out with some of my classmates. I'll also check the website and see what is there. Who do I contact for the group ride times?
    Rob

Baron of Gray Matter
    May 2004
    You know, I don't know who to ask about the times. I think most of them are around 1830, or they were in the past. Most of the bike shops probably can tell you since many of them do these rides. Call Bikeseller.com 663-8796 for info, its a good bike shop in Little Rock. I think at one time the times were listed on the CARP website under the events section, but I could be mistaken.

I generally ride out there during the day, so I rarely ride the evening rides. I here they have quite a few show up at times. Breaks up into different groups based on how hard you want to go.

When is a good time to call? We can hook up and do a good ride at Camp Robby. I'll try not to be to slow.

Steve
    Last edited by Homer Simpson; 06-20-2005 at 03:59 PM. Reason: forgot meself
    Prof. Frink.

Strongbow or Bust!!!!
    Hey Steve,
    Anytime after 6pm is good for me. Tuesdays we take Elina to Little Gym, and most of the time my classes are over before 3pm (sometimes before noon). Don't worry about being slow, as I will prolly be slower (building back my strenth) but I will ride the tractor there. ANywho, talk at ya later,
    Rob

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

PM sent to fellow Arkie!

Homer, I didn't see your email or PM.

PM me if you're interested in riding in LR.

Strongbow or Bust!!!!

Sat Ride @Camp Robbi

Give me a call @605-0333. Sat ride in the morning @Camp Robinson. Should have about 6 peeps or so.

Rob

Baron of Gray Matter
    May 2004
    Unfortunately for me I have just started another round of friggin chemo, so I'm stuck riding on the road. I don't want to risk another crash, takes to long to heal. I crashed just before my chemo 3 weeks ago, and my elbow is still healing, but I did leave a lot of skin and some blood on the outer loop. Damn limbs that grab tires.

Yesterday, I rode for the first time in three weeks and felt like poop. Legs just have no power. I did regear my SS to a 44x16 for road riding. I think it will soon be a 44x18 to make it a little easier on pavement. But suffering and pain is just fear leaving the body, I think I read/heard that somewhere. Bad thing is, when I feel normal again, it's time for more chemo. But I keep on riding cause I'm to dumb to just enjoy life. No wait, riding is enjoying life. Life is good, I'll get back to singletrack sometime.

Pavement SUCKS.
    Prof. Frink.