Here's something for Fast Eddy- Mtbr.com
    WWYD?

Here's something for Fast Eddy

Hey Fast Eddy,

Remember your Redline-3 speed post? I've finally got the bike finished and riding. Nashbar did not send the shifter even though it was listed in the catalog. They honored the ad and ordered it from Shimano for no cost. And they were great about it.

My bike cost $260 in new parts and for installing the headset and facing the BB. The frame is absolutely bombproof and the wheel is 36 spoke so even if its heavy its strong. The 3 speed is noisy in the tallest gear, I'm hoping it will quiet down with a couple hundred miles on it. The 3 speed can get me over most S.F. streets, and the mounting on the hub looks pretty good. Its designed to knock off in a crash. Right now its a commuter with a Campy crank (52t) instead of the RaceFace (48t) in the pic. It spins great at around 18-20 mph.

I'm not sure if it is my ultimate commuter, since I have a road bike for my 30 mile commute now. But different bars and wheels I can get my "ss" on.

The frames a great deal.

Later,

johhnyb
    Attached Images Attached Images

blame me for missed rides
    nice cruizer. do you actually lock this thing to the post outside the coffee shop?

WWYD?

I try not to stop when I'm on this ride...

Its really smooth and fast on the street, but not as fast as a roady bike. When I stop, I lock it in a cage at work in downtown with the Spicers, Bianchis and Treks. I just can't stop smiling at my cheap new ride!

Medium?

Cooler than a road bike though.

Very cool. I can't see the shifter too well, is it a grip, or some kind of trigger? I had heard that someone used a grip shift on the seat tube.

Let us know how it holds up. What does it weigh complete?

WWYD?

the photo is not too clear..

The shifter they sent was a rapidfire stylee, I mounted it upside down and wrapped it in a piece of innertube for waterproofing. It looks minimal and the coaster brake (no rear brake lever) works great but sucks when you're used to backpedaling your cranks for a corner :^(

The bike weighs more than my 20 lb road bike but less than my Rainier hardtail. (I don't have a scale)