Here comes B.A.R.B.I.E. C.A.M.P. again (x-post Oregon)- Mtbr.com
    Out spokin'

Here comes B.A.R.B.I.E. C.A.M.P. again (x-post Oregon)

Howdy Y'all,

Spring Barbie Camp is coming up again soon. Now in its 13th year, Barbie Camp AKA "BC" is a semiannual mountain bike mini-festival/campout that takes place in sunny central Oregon each spring and fall. Campers enjoy fun group mountain bike rides, warm themselves around a big bonfire each evening, socialize gobs, consume "our favorite beverage," wear silly clothes, tell off color jokes, ride funny bikes and just plain have a good time. The event takes its name from the 3 ft. Barbie doll that watches over the festivities each year.

In keeping with BC tradition, you'll have a chance to win 6ish months use of the beautiful Barbie Bike, a pink singlespeed originally donated by Vulture Cycles (raffle will be Saturday night; visit camp for details).

If you have a weird bike or HPV, bring it. With enough turnout we'll have a kinetic parade &/or crit. Don't roll your eyes, it's happened before at BC. Sidecar drink holders recommended.

Anyone 18+ years of age who grasps the concept of laughing at themselves and is tolerant of filthy jokes and that kind of stuff is welcome at Barbie Camp. If this sounds like you, then c'mon out. Thanks for leaving the kids at home. Really. Nobody under 18 allowed at BC.

Here's the BC dope:
    *SPRING 2007 BARBIE CAMP DATES*: April 6-8
    *THEME THIS SPRING*: Bunnies. BC falls on Easter weekend this year, so the theme is bunnies. If you don't have a bunny suit, then bring pictures of bunnies.
    *POTLUCK*: Saturday evening. Bring something to share if you can. But don't stay home just because you can't! Potluck is optional. If you don't bring something to share, bring extra money to donate.
    *LOCATION*: About 15 miles NW of Sisters, Oregon (45 mi. N. of Bend). Email me for specific directions to the campsite: daveysprockett at gmail dot com (Put "Barbie Camp" in the subject line lest I delete assuming spam.)
    *VENUE*: Disbursed campsite on the south bank of Lake Creek near Black Butte, Oregon.
    *AMENITIES*: We'll supply a portapotty, firewood and a pop-up shelter or three. Bring everything else you'll need to camp in semi-wilderness, including water, chair, table, etc.
    *DONATIONS*: Gladly accepted. Your $5-10 donation makes it possible for us to provide the portapotty, shelters and firewood. Thank you.
    *P.S.* Sometimes it gets really cold at night. Be prepared.
    *P.P.S.* We have a new Disciples of Dirt branding iron. Oh boy.

Direct questions to me. Hope to see ya there,
    Sparty
    AKA Davey Sprockett, King of the Wild Front Tire

P.S. Fall Barbie Camp happens, too -- 2007 dates: Oct. 26-28.

P.P.S. Oh yeah, links to last year: Spring '06 BC, Fall '06 BC
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

ali'i hua
    pics of G rated bunnies as requested.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Expert Pushing SSer
    What if the bunnies are under 18, can they still come?

Looking forward to the little gala. Requesting time off tonight!
    Tuff Schist

highly visible
    Can't wait. I'm so used to going off to Barbie Camp and coming back in a different time zone! It was really weird going through last weekend's time change at home. Sure got me thinking about BC though. I will be there, though I won't know whether I can take Friday off until first week of April.

By the way, I've been to quite a few BCs, but last fall's campfire derby was the best entertainment I've seen yet.
    "People like GloyBoy are deaf. They are partisan, intellectually lazy & usually very angry." -Jaybo

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    EZ lOoKiNg GoOd So FaR, hOpE tHe WeAtHeR iS gReAt!

bOb
    red-haze
    The more I know the more I know I don't know.
    Let the bike ride the trail, you ride the bike.
    Look where you want to go, not where you don't want to go.

ali'i hua
    Quote Originally Posted by red-haze.com
    EZ lOoKiNg GoOd So FaR, hOpE tHe WeAtHeR iS gReAt!

bOb
    wow, bob- put the beer down.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

mmm...BC fires

Warm...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    red-haze

highly visible
    What are you trying to do Bob, scare everyone away from BC? Don't worry everyone, that scene was a few years ago and it's not like that kind of thing happens every time at BC. Although last fall's Sascrotch incident was also unfortunate.

Speaking of which .. Sparty, since you live near Justin, I'd like to ask a favor on behalf of all Barbie Campers. You wouldn't mind personally seeing to it that he does not show up in a Playboy Bunny outfit, would you?
    "People like GloyBoy are deaf. They are partisan, intellectually lazy & usually very angry." -Jaybo

Out spokin'
    Quote Originally Posted by GlowBoy

Speaking of which .. Sparty, since you live near Justin, I'd like to ask a favor on behalf of all Barbie Campers. You wouldn't mind personally seeing to it that he does not show up in a Playboy Bunny outfit, would you?
    Uh, actually I don't live all that close to him. Besides, I have my own nightmares to worry about, you know.

You tell him.

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org

Shamisen Appreciator
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GlowBoy
    What are you trying to do Bob, scare everyone away from BC? Don't worry everyone, that scene was a few years ago and it's not like that kind of thing happens every time at BC. Although last fall's Sascrotch incident was also unfortunate.

I'll be speaking with Justin today at some point...I'll be sure to ask him to be wearing the bunny outfit.
    Sean Chaney :: Owner/Builder :: Vertigo Cycles LLC
    flickr :: www.vertigocycles.com

mtbr member
    I think I'll go over to Sas's house and burn that skinsuit. He's easily distracted.....

Out spokin'
    Barbie asked me to pass along her very special thanks to Fast Freddy for sending a batch of his custom stem top caps to be given away in the BC schwag raffle.

"Thanks SO much, Fast Freddy! I can BAREly wait to give you a big, wet hug!!!"
    -- Barbie

There you have it, straight from Barbie's lips. Y'all come to BC so's you'll have a crack at winning one of Fast Freddy's custom top cap creations in the Saturday evening schwag raffle around the campfire! Of course Barbie will be on hand!

(Literally.)

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org

Expert Pushing SSer
    Quote Originally Posted by smudge
    I'll be speaking with Justin today at some point...I'll be sure to ask him to be wearing the bunny outfit.
    Gee, thanks. Too bad I did not catch this till today.
    Tuff Schist

Expert Pushing SSer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudflaps
    I think I'll go over to Sas's house and burn that skinsuit. He's easily distracted.....
    Hey, ummm Flaps, what if he is wearing it when you show up? Just a thought, a cold sends the shivers up my spine thought.
    Tuff Schist

ali'i hua
    Quote Originally Posted by Meat Foot
    Hey, ummm Flaps, what if he is wearing it when you show up? Just a thought, a cold sends the shivers up my spine thought.

there is one thing amazing about Justin in that outfit- he braved the cold- my camera was so cold it wouldnt turn on, and yet, there he was, bringing sexy back.

Tree Hugger
    Quote Originally Posted by Meat Foot

I'm wearing it right now.....
    I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Not gonna make it, got scheduled for some overtime next weekend AND the 4runner is down. seems that when ya put headers (downey ceramics) and a free flowing exhaust that 3VZE blows a head gasket. so I've pulled the heads and have them in the machine shop for cleaning and valve work. gotta have it back together for the Sedona trip in, gasp, less than a month! It sure runs nice tho. vroom vroom .

bike ON
    bob
    red-haze

mtbr member

Say it ain't so

Quote Originally Posted by red-haze.com
    Not gonna make it, got scheduled for some overtime next weekend AND the 4runner is down. seems that when ya put headers (downey ceramics) and a free flowing exhaust that 3VZE blows a head gasket. so I've pulled the heads and have them in the machine shop for cleaning and valve work. gotta have it back together for the Sedona trip in, gasp, less than a month! It sure runs nice tho. vroom vroom .

bike ON
    bob
    Bob, you can hitchhike. - Isn't there some other soul coming from your neck of the woods?

There are new branding irons Caz made for us. He's a wizard with CNC.. I could brand your a**

Strongbow or Bust!!!!

Well....

I'll miss BC again this year. DAMMIT!! I'm off to the sandbox for 5 more "fun" months of sand and sun in 2 days. Anyway, all please have fun and burn something large and very flammable in the fire for me please. Oh, and I do remember the "Sexy dress up ride" on the BC I did attend, and after that my mental hard-drive crashed and my mind's eye was scarred for life . Oh well, it was good fun.

Rob aka "The Tractor"
    Fermented Apple Juice rules!!!!!! BURRRRPP!!

Members who have read this thread: 0