Help with a DMR- Mtbr.com

Thread: Help with a DMR

mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Help with a DMR

SO really tired of trying to find the magic gears and/or using a crap tensioner... picked up a DMR because I had a few people rec'd them on a forum...BUT the DMR uses a little black piece that slides over the quick release and makes it so i dont have enough threads to then close the quick release... cant seem to find a longer skewer (using an XT), and dont wanna switch back to a half link...any ideas?

ACC
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I have a DMR on my bike with an XT hub/skewer with no problems. The black piece slots into your dropout (which may take a little bit of force the first time). It only takes up a couple mm's once in place, so you should have plenty of threads on the skewer.

Also, once you have that set up, it is the steel bolt that goes into the black piece that will take most of the torque when locking the tensioner into place. Don't over tighten the alloy bolt that goes into the derailer hanger or you will deform it. And make sure you are running the tensioner pushing your chain up, not down (might require a half link).

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    i have no problem getting the black pece in there, but those precious extra mm somehow make it so i dont have enough threads.

Members who have read this thread: 0