Hello to my Wooden Wheels Friends- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Smile Hello to my Wooden Wheels Friends

It was good to see some of you at the ECNASSCU.(fatmarc and a guy with a blue SS with glasses, Matt, right?) Do you guys have any aditional info on the Fair Hill race? I saw on the Deleware Spinners website the date (July 18th). When will registration take place? Is the race a team event? That's pretty cool that there will be a clydesdale and single speed class this year. I fall into both of those categories! Any additional info anyone can provide would be a big help. A few pics of the race wouldn't be a bad idea either!

Hope to see you at the race
    Trevor

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

That was me

Trevor,

That was me, James, on the blue SS.

I am not sure why, but info seems real limited on the Fair Hill race right now. Pretty sure it will be updated soon. That is not a Wooden Wheels sponsored event, but it is certainly a WW team event. I think the Expert/SS loop will be around 26 miles. Notice I said loop, not race distance. The trailspinners pride themselves on the large-loop course they are able to offer out at Fair Hill. Attendance is usually very high, many years they top 700 riders. The race is part of the Trek Master Classic Race series, as detailed on mountainbikeracer.com (Do I like to pimp things or what?).

In past years, registration opened early, around 7:30 or so. The race usually starts around 9:30 and all classes start within a 30 minute or so window. They have a separate loop for the first time beginner race (usually), then they start the Experts, wait a bit, start the sports, wait a bit and start advanced beginner.

The Singlespeed class in this series rocks. I am so glad they added the SS class this year. The talent that comes out is just amazing. I finished 8th in the last series race and the winner was only 37 minutes ahead of me!

Keep checking their website and the mountainbikeracer.com website as well.

Take Care,

James

P.S. - - Matt is the way thinner, much faster dude who rides a black pimped-out 1X1.

P.S.S - - Make sure you bring RiderX, Drevil, and all of the other DC/VA folks with you.
    Thanks to www.weavercycleworks.com for my awesome bike frames!