Have you seen this bike before?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2010

Have you seen this bike before?

I got this bike and am thinking about making it a singlespeed and am wondering if anyone has seen one before? I am wondering if it would be worth it to buy all the components and fix it up. I would like to paint it a different color.

Thanks for any info
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Have you seen this bike before?-pc102143-1.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Omfg a rennegade mountain! Incredible find. Lol jk prob a cheap wally world/searsesque bike. Still would be fun to build but by all means keep costs low!

mtbr member
    Put as least $ if possible into it. That's because a set of plastic BMX pedals will exceed the frames value. But have fun, recycle parts and get that thing up and running.
    Creative Producer, Will of the Sun, Platform Pedal Shootout 1M+ views WoS

one chain loop
    its cheaper to convert a $40-50 90's complete bike than starting to build one from scratch using that frame.
    everything sucks but my vacuum cleaner.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I actually owned one of these prior to getting serious about cycling. I think I paid about $150 for it, but from an actual bike shop. I love the "Lite series" lettering. The oversize steel ,wannabe aluminum, frame probably weighs over 10 pounds. I rode it leisurely a few times prior to using it as a commuter. I think it survived just over a year including two winters. In that time I had to fix/replace:
    1) fork, it bent
    2) shifters failed
    3) wheel bearings completely failed
    4) headset seized up
    5) seatpost seized in the frame
    6) major rust issues
    7) freewheel failed

Needless to say it went in the bin when I got my first quality bike (a 2002 Rocky Mountain Trailhead).

That said, no it's not worth anything, and no I would not invest a dime into it. Recycle the frame, maybe that steel will come back to life as a higher quality product.

Members who have read this thread: 0