grasso e lento

Have you ever had this happen to you?

So last night I was feeling a little slow on the bike but once I started climbing I felt ok. So with that in mind I took on a little more than usual. When I got to the top of the hill my knees hurt a little but I figured that was a given since it was a longer SS climb today... I didn't give it much more of a brain cell or two after that because as long as I was spinning it didn't bother me. I woke up this morning and now I have a red dot on the upper part of my kneecap. It isn't painful at all but I know it wasn't there yesterday before I took the bike out.... Anyone ever have odd things so up the next morning and have no idea of the source?

-Dude
    If you wish to be out front, then act as if you are behind

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

its happened to me...

used to happen to me occasioanlly. back in my undergrad years...never did catch their names...

seriously happens to me all the time, almost every time i go for a ride...im still alive, but its still pretty creepy

i worship Mr T
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude
    So last night I was feeling a little slow on the bike but once I started climbing I felt ok. So with that in mind I took on a little more than usual. When I got to the top of the hill my knees hurt a little but I figured that was a given since it was a longer SS climb today... I didn't give it much more of a brain cell or two after that because as long as I was spinning it didn't bother me. I woke up this morning and now I have a red dot on the upper part of my kneecap. It isn't painful at all but I know it wasn't there yesterday before I took the bike out.... Anyone ever have odd things so up the next morning and have no idea of the source?

-Dude
    i call those URIs - unidentified race (or in your case, riding) injuries. they are the random bruises, cuts, scrapes, and other injuries that just seem to appear the morning after a race (or ride) where you never fell or did anything that would cause them. i think that there is a URI Fairy that comes and visits during the night after races/rides and she just sprinkles random injuries onto your body.

rt - no i don't hear voices, why do you ask?
    "where are you not going so fast?" (question asked to cyclist on a trainer)

*rt*'s fabulous blog
    mm blogging

ali'i hua
    strangely enough, this does happen quite a bit. come back from a ride, fiancee asks,
    "um, honey, why are you bleeding? did you crash??" (she obviously knows about my riding style )
    me: "dunno- probably hit something sharp"
    her: "oh"
    she's almost given up asking, just as long as there isnt blood dripping around the house.

grasso e lento
    dompedro3: No names are a good thing sometimes...

*rt*: Well if it's only a URI Fairy then I think I am safe...

Hey *rt*, I did get too meet the gal that plays TinkerBell for Disneyland... Turns out she is the sister of a buddy of mine....

SlowSSer: hahaha maybe you should get some fake blood and she what her reaction might be...

-Dude

i worship Mr T

tinkerbell?

i had no idea she was somebody's sister.

rt
    "where are you not going so fast?" (question asked to cyclist on a trainer)

*rt*'s fabulous blog
    mm blogging

grasso e lento
    Quote Originally Posted by *rt*

i had no idea she was somebody's sister.

rt

No kidding and the freakie part about it, was that she even looks like Tinker out of costume... hahah in turn I think she would surprise many by her astute knowledge of the english language

-Dude