Haro Mary SS - RIP- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    ridin' Mary
    Reputation: OhNooo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    359

    Haro Mary SS - RIP

    Haro has announced their 2011 lineup. They have removed all Singlespeeds and 650b bikes from their lineup. You can still get the Mary, but only as a geared bike.

    Here's the thread where this was announced:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=637918

    Sad but true.

  2. #2
    .......
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,707
    Oh, nooo.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MMcG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    9,591
    They also removed all of the Sonix and Xeons from their lineup as well.

    Consolidation of offerings in a big way I guess.

  4. #4
    O.T
    O.T is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    33
    http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/pr...y_SS_Bike_2009

    There you can get the last beautiful year model of the Mary (in my opinion) for a nice price.

  5. #5
    Ovaries on the Outside
    Reputation: umarth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,366
    This really is the worst mountain bike related news I've heard in a long time. I thought their Mary was one of the most attractive 29ers, especially early on. And the Beasley was as sweet as monkey boobies.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dixie whiskey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    335
    I guess that means the fad is over. We'll all have to stop riding 650b and single-speed and go back to geared bikes.
    Last edited by dixie whiskey; 07-30-2010 at 05:10 AM.

  7. #7
    SSolo, on your left!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,577
    Quote Originally Posted by umarth
    This really is the worst mountain bike related news I've heard in a long time. I thought their Mary was one of the most attractive 29ers, especially early on. And the Beasley was as sweet as monkey boobies.
    Yes, and WoW what a bunch of idiots! Haro wtf? Maybe they are going the way of Bianchi....Glad I got mine already!
    Get off the couch and ride!

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    10,016
    Quote Originally Posted by Natedogz
    Yes, and WoW what a bunch of idiots! Haro wtf? Maybe they are going the way of Bianchi....Glad I got mine already!
    idiots? I seriously doubt that. Even subtle mistakes or misreads in marketing, sales, design, and management directions can over time end up putting a brand in a bad position where they just can't sell as many bikes. If their sales have been down they either have to take a risk that some new design or marketing will sell much better (which could be really hard if they've lost dealers or floorspace within dealers) or cull the weak models and weather the storm

  9. #9
    Ovaries on the Outside
    Reputation: umarth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,366
    I think that is likely the economy. Sucks though.

  10. #10
    SSolo, on your left!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,577
    Quote Originally Posted by boomn
    idiots? I seriously doubt that. Even subtle mistakes or misreads in marketing, sales, design, and management directions can over time end up putting a brand in a bad position where they just can't sell as many bikes. If their sales have been down they either have to take a risk that some new design or marketing will sell much better (which could be really hard if they've lost dealers or floorspace within dealers) or cull the weak models and weather the storm
    Yeah I know....my opinion.

    Partly due to LBS not stocking bikes!!! And that is why so many of my LBS miss out on bike sales....they don't have it in stock....not nothing to even test ride and then they ***** when I buy from another shop that stocks 29er and SS stuff....wtf? Not many shops stock SS and/or 29er....but the 29er is spreading locally at my shops. Guess the SS is not.
    Get off the couch and ride!

  11. #11
    CB2
    CB2 is offline
    Jam Econo
    Reputation: CB2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,214
    Quote Originally Posted by umarth
    was as sweet as monkey boobies.
    uh...okay?

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 1stiski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    270
    Word is that the SS market is slowing down, thats the reason, but I'm sure there is more to it.
    I got mine just in time.
    2010 Surly, Curry "Pugs"
    Surly, Gray "Pugs" R.I.P.
    2010 HARO, Mary SS
    Kona "Deluxe" roadbike

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: karyg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    45
    I've had mine for almost 3 years now....still love it, even tried to race it at Sea Otter this year...bike was ok, but it's motor was lacking. Anyway now I guees it is a classic since they aren't going to make them anymore.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Haro Mary SS - RIP-maryss.jpg  


  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stiski
    Word is that the SS market is slowing down, thats the reason, but I'm sure there is more to it.
    I got mine just in time.
    I love this bike, but is not a 29er is 650b. Diferences?

  15. #15
    master blaster
    Reputation: veloreality's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,149
    Quote Originally Posted by bolo
    I love this bike, but is not a 29er is 650b. Diferences?
    wait, waht?

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 1stiski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    270
    IT is a 29er...
    2010 Surly, Curry "Pugs"
    Surly, Gray "Pugs" R.I.P.
    2010 HARO, Mary SS
    Kona "Deluxe" roadbike

  17. #17
    SSolo, on your left!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,577
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stiski View Post
    IT is a 29er...
    And Mary is no more, so if you still have one cherish her....one of the best riding bikes I ever rode! What sweet geometry and all in butted steel tubing...with love.

    wtf is the banana icon when I need one?
    Get off the couch and ride!

  18. #18
    SSolo, on your left!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,577
    I miss her
    Get off the couch and ride!

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    520
    I'm thinkin about adding some of these Schylling Metal Bike Horn: Amazon.com: Toys & Games and going to platform pedals the bike is so much fun.

    Makes me feel like a kid on my bmx every time I am on her.

Members who have read this thread: 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.