mtbr member
    Jan 2004

... and if we just ... Harmonic ConvergenSS Feb 23, 2008 :P

We are on for another gathering of North West riders at the Harmony Trails. Many more miles of trails have been added and we are announcing the completion of the Golden Spike Trail for those hardy and adventurous enough to attempt it.
    Please meet me at the usual place off I-5 Exit 36 (Gearhart Park) by 10am on Saturday, February 23, 2008. We will leave to caravan to the trail head at 10am sharp so don't be late. Refreshments will be provided around mid ride at 9 trails where you can watch your friends attempt 285, the teeter totter, and the BIG UP. Or, if you really think you can ride, YOU can attempt it.

Some new trail highlights,
    MORE skeloton trail
    Rubber Chicken trail (you MUST squeeze it!)
    Golden Spike sections (go as far as you can till you run into snow)

An after ride dinner is planned, possibly at a new place near the interstate, still working on details.
    For any who wish to stay overnight we are planning a ride at another nearby trail system that the Golden Spike connects to, but, thankfully, we won't have to ride the spike to get there. :-)

Harmonic ConvergenSS has its roots as a SingleSpeed event and you are encouraged to bring (and ride!) your one geared bikes. If you must, you can bring something that has an evil de-railler but I strongly suggest that you don't tell anyone nor be seen shifting. ;-P
    I may have some zip-ties along for the ride for the purpose of locking down a de-railler cable or two!

Groups: there will be a grouping by ability and fear.
    Jumpers
    Hard Core Spikers (eat your wheaties)
    Medium and
    Slow Cooked
    BikeRR-GalSS

You are encouraged to bring friends but they should be intermediate riders at least, Harmony trails are wet, rooty, loggy and fun. And don't you dare tell me the trails are flat, I'll find a hill for ya!

I'd appreciate a shout back if yer coming and staying for din-din.

bike ON
    bob
    red-haze
    The more I know the more I know I don't know.
    Let the bike ride the trail, you ride the bike.
    Look where you want to go, not where you don't want to go.

Out spokin'
    All over it, Bob. Hope to stay the whole weekend. Maybe some Longview local has someplace I can crash Saturday nighty night?

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    oh yeah, got the parking arranged again. like last year.
    trying to decide to ride the Vulture SS, the Karate Monkey SS, or ride the fixie again...what do you think?
    bob
    red-haze
    The more I know the more I know I don't know.
    Let the bike ride the trail, you ride the bike.
    Look where you want to go, not where you don't want to go.

Members who have read this thread: 0