A happy kid- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: A happy kid

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ernesto_from_Wisconsin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,004

    A happy kid

    Annabel riding her bike (trail-a-bike) with me in the north Wisconsin trails.
    She loves it!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: REDGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    93
    I love the smile / look of a child on her/his bike

  3. #3
    jmw
    jmw is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jmw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    832
    those are some thick grips for those little hands!

    I can't wait til my little girl can join me!
    future nature

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: stephen11364's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    428
    Very nice pic. I guess that will be my next step up. I have one of those enclosed trailer type things (rickshaw) that I pull my daughter on. Where did you get that? Does it attach to the seatpost? Mine attaches to an interface on the rear axle.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ernesto_from_Wisconsin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,004
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen11364
    Very nice pic. I guess that will be my next step up. I have one of those enclosed trailer type things (rickshaw) that I pull my daughter on. Where did you get that? Does it attach to the seatpost? Mine attaches to an interface on the rear axle.
    Yes, to the seatpost. This is it: http://www.trail-a-bike.com/product/...inal-folder-1/

    She loves that thing. We can talk for a while wile I am pulling her. But up some hills, its good challenge. She weighs 35 lbs, and hates it when I sway the bike on climbs. Some times I have to remind her to pedal, but that's ok, as long as I am with her and she loves it when she's with me, that's what's important.

  6. #6
    CB2
    CB2 is offline
    Jam Econo
    Reputation: CB2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,214
    Does she need the extra wide bars for leverage!?
    My kids have all enjoyed the trail-a-bike, but my youngest was always the biggest "help" on it. He used to be like a turbo, churning out the extra power. That is until he learned pedaling up hills yields limited returns in the fun factor, so he started only pedaling down hill to achieve maximum velocity!

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ernesto_from_Wisconsin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,004
    Quote Originally Posted by CB2
    Does she need the extra wide bars for leverage!?
    My kids have all enjoyed the trail-a-bike, but my youngest was always the biggest "help" on it. He used to be like a turbo, churning out the extra power. That is until he learned pedaling up hills yields limited returns in the fun factor, so he started only pedaling down hill to achieve maximum velocity!
    those bars are the same width as the original bars that came with the trailer. I had to get those because the others were on too high for her. She's still little.

    Kids rock! I get a lot of good stares. One time a police man pulled us over and gave us coupons for Dairy Queen because we were all wearing our helmets.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: stephen11364's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    428
    Quote Originally Posted by ernesto_from_Wisconsin
    Yes, to the seatpost. This is it: http://www.trail-a-bike.com/product/...inal-folder-1/

    She loves that thing. We can talk for a while wile I am pulling her. But up some hills, its good challenge. She weighs 35 lbs, and hates it when I sway the bike on climbs. Some times I have to remind her to pedal, but that's ok, as long as I am with her and she loves it when she's with me, that's what's important.
    Thanks for the link. I have about a year to wait (next summer) though before I purchase one.

  9. #9
    Dirty High Desert Guy
    Reputation: sock puppet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    58
    Awesome!

    My daughter has one of those in silver.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Captain_America1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,225
    what bars are those?

    my son will graduate to the trail a bike next year. he's still in the trailer until next summer. i don't trust that he won't let go yet.
    in other news, he has his own single speed. this was a very proud day for dad. being able to ride around the end of our street with him is great.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pacman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,931
    The middle of that bar needs padding. A sudden stop may put her face into it. Cute!

  12. #12
    808+909 = Party Good Time
    Reputation: chumbox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,070
    haha thats a brilliant photo! You're daughter has sweeter riding bars than most people on this forum haha

  13. #13
    Got Mojo?
    Reputation: BikeMojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,190

    Stoker

    Quote Originally Posted by ernesto_from_Wisconsin
    Annabel riding her bike (trail-a-bike) with me in the north Wisconsin trails.
    She loves it!
    big wide bars.... she will pushing you up the hills soon...
    aLaN AT BikeMojo DOT com

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.