Happy freakin' New Year, you bozos- Mtbr.com
    Out spokin'

... and if we just ... Happy freakin' New Year, you bozos

Out here in beautiful downtown Orygun, the Disciples of Dirt were forced to cancel our annual Hangover Ride at Whypass (our secret singletrack sanctuary somewhere in the backwoods foothills where big trees become big logs) due to high winds.

The old year left us with a little misery. It hasn't stopped raining hard for five days or so and all the lowlands are covered in standing water. Many rivers are over their banks and the two major routes to the coast (~60 miles to the west) were closed much of yesterday due to high water and mudslides across the highways. Several roads are still closed.

Singlespeed content: Since the Disciples' Hangover Ride got cancelled, I think I'll get back to work reassembling my Vulture today. I haven't ridden her in months. (Been using my converted GF X-Caliber of late.) I finally got my Juicy 5 brakes installed and now I'm gonna put a 36t Surly ring and a 21t Surly cog on, just for the heck of it. Time for a new chain, too, I think. I'll prolly take the Zokey boinger fork off and put my rigid KM fork on there, too. I used to think folks who ran rigid were morons; now I are one.

Happy New Year, all y'all yokels.

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Hippy newt ears to you, too, you scaredy-goat old fart! The ride was canceled because of your complaining about gusting winds. The wind is barely blowing in BlueJean. The trails were clean and grippy yesterday. Just a few trees down.

Remember that the more people that are out there, the lower the chance you will be the one hit by the falling log!
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    Remember that the more people that are out there, the lower the chance you will be the one hit by the falling log!
    Are you sure ? That would only be true if the trees were deliberately falling on people. You guys have some mean ass trees out there !

Reviewer/Tester

Smile

HNY to U 2

R.
    It is inevitable ...

Rollin' a fatty Moderator
    Something similar happened to us, the guy hosting the ride and post ride get together had to cancel because of a sick family member.

We (me, Jay and Hecubus) went ahead and rode anyway, we rode on a super slippery trail so we got baptised with rain and mud on the first ride of the year.

Hope that the rain will go away and will able to ride more while enjoying some vacation days.

Homey don't play that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    It hasn't stopped raining hard for five days or so and all the lowlands are covered in standing water. Many rivers are over their banks and the two major routes to the coast (~60 miles to the west) were closed much of yesterday due to high water and mudslides across the highways. Several roads are still closed.
    Stop sending that stuff down here. We had to cancel our Hangover ride for the same reason.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    Out here in beautiful downtown Orygun, the Disciples of Dirt were forced to cancel our annual Hangover Ride at Whypass (our secret singletrack sanctuary somewhere in the backwoods foothills where big trees become big logs) due to high winds.

The old year left us with a little misery. It hasn't stopped raining hard for five days or so and all the lowlands are covered in standing water. Many rivers are over their banks and the two major routes to the coast (~60 miles to the west) were closed much of yesterday due to high water and mudslides across the highways. Several roads are still closed.

Singlespeed content: Since the Disciples' Hangover Ride got cancelled, I think I'll get back to work reassembling my Vulture today. I haven't ridden her in months. (Been using my converted GF X-Caliber of late.) I finally got my Juicy 5 brakes installed and now I'm gonna put a 36t Surly ring and a 21t Surly cog on, just for the heck of it. Time for a new chain, too, I think. I'll prolly take the Zokey boinger fork off and put my rigid KM fork on there, too. I used to think folks who ran rigid were morons; now I are one.

Happy New Year, all y'all yokels.

--Sparty
    Dang it Sparty! I let you talk me out of it this AM, (of course the bushes across the street were waving wildly at the time), then the day turned out gorgeous by ride time. S'OK though, Shig, Sasquatch & I went for a tour of the West Eugene wetlands and more.
    Stopped by Lou's house and heard that they had a party of folks hardier than us show up, but Nick went and hurt hisself twice with the second one (over the drop-in on Fungurl, his first time over it, too fast Lou said) requiring a trip to the hospital for stitches in his face. The General & ML took him in for treatment. I wonder if Mrs. Nick'll let him come out & play anymore?

Well, more than half of the riders went out anyway. I would have if I could have. Conditions were good though they reported hearing a few crashing timbers.

The bad news that DirtyDown crashed into trees (preemptive strikes) twice within 10 minutes suffering facial cuts and a possible concussion. Waiting to hear on his condition.
    mtbtires.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mudflaps
    Dang it Sparty! I let you talk me out of it this AM, (of course the bushes across the street were waving wildly at the time), then the day turned out gorgeous by ride time. S'OK though, Shig, Sasquatch & I went for a tour of the West Eugene wetlands and more...
    I said "let's go to WhyPass anyway! Sparty's a whimp!" when I got to your place, 'flaps. I needed some mud.
    mtbtires.com

Quote Originally Posted by (Tom)
    Are you sure ? That would only be true if the trees were deliberately falling on people. You guys have some mean ass trees out there !
    Our trees have been threaten with axes and chainsaws for many years. They are VERY bad-ass!
    mtbtires.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I was out there about 1/2 hour late, figuring I'd catch up with the group at some point.

Wrong.

Rode solo for all but the last mile and a half, when I ran into Ken Kenly and friend at the top of Stumps Don't Lie.

I did clear away the few blowdowns that were there, one from Fungirl, one from Donsled and a couple in the intestinal tract. Otherwise the trails are clear, clear, clear, which is amazing considering the wind and rain we've had lately.

Happy '06!

Obi
    -_-
    Oct 2005

Wink Same to you!!

Happy freakin' New Year, you bozos
    Same to you, Happy Holidays!

By the way, you must be confusing some of us for this guy...haaa-haaa-haaa!
    Attached Images Attached Images

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER

Bozo Imposter!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by obi.one.speed.only
    Same to you, Happy Holidays!

By the way, you must be confusing some of us for this guy...haaa-haaa-haaa!
    That's not Bozo, it's an imposter. Here is the real and only true Bozo.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

French for "Suck"
    I'm going to have nightmares for a week now. Thanks a lot guys.

Obi
    -_-
    Oct 2005

... and if we just ... [Quote-Aeroplane]I'm going to have nightmares for a week now. Thanks a lot guys.

Always happy to oblige.

So you're saying you're taking the Beck song literally?

"Forces of evil in a bozo nightmare..."

Members who have read this thread: 0