Gravity oriented singlespeed?- Mtbr.com
    mbtr member

Gravity oriented singlespeed?

Thinking about doing a am-freeride type singlespeed build built around a pike. Pedal up, but haul downhill. Whatchu runnin? If you could pick the geo yourself, what would you do? Would pedaling something like this totally suck butt? I ride a lot of singlespeed on the road and do some pretty significant climbing, but not much offroad.
    "Things that are complex are not useful, Things that are useful are simple."
    Mikhail Kalashnikov

mtbr member
    Check out the Transition Trans-am. I'm not sure that it would be fun to pedal something like this uphill but it sounds pretty awesome.

Bike Geek
    I want one of those too, an AM SS mtb. I would choose from the Surly Instigator & the Ragley Blue Pig. I could also set-up a 1x1 as an AM rig if i want something lighter.

local trails rider
    Too many variables, I do OK climbing sturdy SS HTs in my area, but we don't have big hills here: just lots of small ones.

I have a Marzocchi Z1 FR fork on one bike and the ETA feature really helps in some of the steeper/"longer" climbs: it lowers and stiffens the fork.

Members who have read this thread: 0