gotta love eBay...- Mtbr.com
    29er Geek

gotta love eBay...

Go to Boone's site and pay $55 shipped for a 20T cog...

Here on eBay someone is happy to pay $71.00 shipped LOL....
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...9822&rd=1&rd=1

I just don't get it.

RJ
    unityhandbuilt

All 26.5" all the time!
    But they've "won" it!

Victory is sweet.

Interlectchewal
    Quote Originally Posted by tozovr
    Go to Boone's site and pay $55 shipped for a 20T cog...

Here on eBay someone is happy to pay $71.00 shipped LOL....
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...9822&rd=1&rd=1

I just don't get it.

RJ
    This has been discussed before. If I were putting together a $4000 (or $3000 or $1000) bike and hadn't thought ahead enough to order the cog, I don't think I'd be losing sleep over paying the extra $16 rather than waiting the several weeks or months that it sometimes takes to get it from Boone. And I'm cheap and don't have a lot of money.

I guess I just don't get what's so hard to understand about paying for convenience.

WAWE
    Jan 2004
    Maybe he needed it ASAP and didn't want to wait.

29er Geek
    Quote Originally Posted by tvrbob86
    This has been discussed before. If I were putting together a $4000 (or $3000 or $1000) bike and hadn't thought ahead enough to order the cog, I don't think I'd be losing sleep over paying the extra $16 rather than waiting the several weeks or months that it sometimes takes to get it from Boone. And I'm cheap and don't have a lot of money.

I guess I just don't get what's so hard to understand about paying for convenience.
    Well then a call to Boone woul dhave set their soul 'a Rest as they're filling the backlog now and on task...an unrelated project took far longer than they'd (He'd) expected.

RJ
    unityhandbuilt

poser Administrator
    I have to say that if you want it now (quickly) Ebay is not the place. The bidder can easily be out bid at the last minute, get a seller that takes awhile to ship, etc. Nope ebay'ers can be real dumb.

Saw an auction for a used giant reign 2 with a $300 shipping charge. UPS 2day. bid to $1100 plus the $300 shipping boom $1400.00 for a bike that retails for 1400.00 plus shipping from an online dealer, and I will reiterate a used bike.

I also have lost many an auction for eno freewheels when they have gone beyond the MSRP. Plus shipping.

Bidding frenzy. Great reason to use a sniping progam. Set your max bid, it will bid to it, if you lose you lose, but you don't bid it up to a price that you will regret.
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I remember seeing a brand new Eno cranks go for $220+shipping on the 'Bay sometime last year. You can get them for $180 from Speedgoat with free shipping. Duh!!!
    Last edited by redxj; 02-21-2007 at 05:39 PM.

I live to bike
    And did you check out the shipping?! Rediculous. shipping Priority would only be $4.05 for a single cog. 11.94 handling fee???!! Wow, what a deal!!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    i was watching that Boone cog. in fact i bid on it before i went to work with my max set at 60 bucks. ONLY because i'm leaving for Moab in 3 weeks and Boone said he wouldn't have a 19T in stock for at least a month or two. I was willing to pay a little more to get what i want.

with that said, there are some scammers or difficult people to deal with out there. i've tried to contact a seller about a post i bought and paid for last week and they have not responded to any of my emails.

29er Geek
    I bid up to $42...
    unityhandbuilt

mtbr member
    USPS is veryyyyyy slow and expensive these days. I actually got my 19t boone cog from ebay for $45 buy it now + $5.50 shipping a few months back. I guess the inflation has taken over. Also, it is only 35.50 in GB pounds.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanetti
    But they've "won" it!

Victory is sweet.
    Maybe the clock was ticking for "SS Biker Build Off" where money is no option during the final hour.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tozovr
    Well then a call to Boone woul dhave set their soul 'a Rest as they're filling the backlog now and on task...an unrelated project took far longer than they'd (He'd) expected.

RJ
    I'm still waiting for a chainring order I placed a few months ago. I can't complain too much because he didn't charge my card. Yet he has assured me that he is go to get to it soon.

I'll admit I do like ebay.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by poff
    USPS is veryyyyyy slow and expensive these days. I actually got my 19t boone cog from ebay for $45 buy it now + $5.50 shipping a few months back. I guess the inflation has taken over. Also, it is only 35.50 in GB pounds.
    I've had good experiace with the guy selling Boone stuff on ebay. Very fast shipping.

I've also had good experiance with USPS. Good pricing for the service.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher
    I have to say that if you want it now (quickly) Ebay is not the place. The bidder can easily be out bid at the last minute, get a seller that takes awhile to ship, etc. Nope ebay'ers can be real dumb.

Bidding frenzy. Great reason to use a sniping progam. Set your max bid, it will bid to it, if you lose you lose, but you don't bid it up to a price that you will regret.
    Saying you have to watch out for sellers on ebay is like saying you have to watch out for retailers on the internet. All ebay sellers are not the same. Just like all online shops are not the same. There are some really good sellers on ebay and some bad ones too. Reading feedback is the best way to find out about a seller.

I buy spokes from a guy on ebay who is super fast. I would highly recommend him.

Your right, sniping is the way to go.

mtbr member
    DC_MTB - I placed an order for a Boone chainring and cog 2 weeks ago and they billed my card immediately. I haven't heard a word from Brett about when they expect to ship.

If I found a Boone I wanted on ebay, I'd go for it if price wasn't stupid high.
    If you're lucky enough to be in the mountains,
    you're lucky enough.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by azjonboy
    DC_MTB - I placed an order for a Boone chainring and cog 2 weeks ago and they billed my card immediately. I haven't heard a word from Brett about when they expect to ship.

If I found a Boone I wanted on ebay, I'd go for it if price wasn't stupid high.
    I got a cog on ebay in back in Nov. I think I was the only bidder. I guess demand is picking up and Brett is backed up. I guess I should have got the chainrings at the same time on ebay.

29er Geek
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_MTB
    I got a cog on ebay in back in Nov. I think I was the only bidder. I guess demand is picking up and Brett is backed up. I guess I should have got the chainrings at the same time on ebay.
    From the 29er board...Boone hisself...

Quote Originally Posted by btboone
    Hi guys. I have been making the wedding rings for a few years now. Those are keeping me very busy. Brett used to work for me, but now lives around 50 miles from me and has his own shop. He took over making the chainrings and cogs. They still go through my site www.boonerings.com/cr/cr.html but I forward the orders and questions on to him when I get them. He hasn't been very good about returning e-mails unfortunately. He also makes molds and other stuff on his machines, so that's why turnaround time is sometimes pretty long. He's now doing it full time and is getting another machine up to speed, so hopefully he can improve customer service a bit.
    And then....

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon448
    NEWS FLASH!!!!

I JUST got off the phone with Brett Browne of Boone Tech makers of the finest Titanium bling in the bicycling world. He is back!!! He disappeared for about three weeks (plus) while under taking a custom injector project that has been ALL consuming! Never fear he will be getting your orders out promptly as he clears out his back log!!!

He appologizes to all! This project ended up being a much larger and indepth under taking than he originally thought or was prepared for!!
    unityhandbuilt

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I spoke to brett from Boone last week looking for a 19t cog and he stated .......

"I do not have any in stock, and I am out of that size plate right now.
    More plate should be here by the beginning of next month and we'll get some cut and in inventory then.

Thanks

Brett"

and he responed the same day i asked it.

on another note...........

STAY AWAY FROM ................bikeguru007.............THE WORST PERSON TO TRY AND DEAL WITH. payment sent on the 13th. i've sent a 1/2 dozen emails/messages asking for a confirmation of shipment/status and no reply. all i want is a simple response and he/she don't have the decency of following up. and eBay states there is nothing they can do. how 'bout blocking his account for a couple weeks and see how his business goes then. SORRY, i'm just a little miffed right now.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

Ebay is great for you and I...

Hello fellas,

I am the guy who sells on ebay 1-uno-1 (Ti-corner). I appreciate some of your comments about my fast shipping. I must say that USPS can be unreliable sometimes, but for the most part they are really good at getting packages on time. As of today Brett is really backed up and most likely he would take a moth to have something made for anybody. In fact, I dont think he will anything for me for a long time (that's why I have not posted anything lately). I will be posting some XTR and ENO spiderless rings later today. Well if any of you need an XTR or ENO ring or a 21t cog (that's all I have left) you can pm and I can posted on ebay for buyitnow.

Anyhow, there are really some scammers on ebay, but some ebay sellers strive to make the customer feel valued, and I am one of those sellers!

As far as price go, I try to set it so is the same as Brett's (with the shipping charges). One thing I do though is that I charge more shipping because of the ridicoulous ebay and paypal fees. The price I charge on Buyitnows is right. However, funny though, when I sell it as an auction I usually get more money (sometimes I dont). SInce I am an authorized dealer your waranty is also covered.

Thanks again for all the good comments about my shipping and service. Thanks DC_MTB and the others that have purchase from me, I hope I can assist you in the future.

Juan

I find it hard to understand why you wouldn't pay $20 for a Surly...

mtbr member
    I spoke to Brett late yesterday regarding chainrings. He said he was getting raw materials in today and would start on the chainrings right away.
    Great news, as I ordered a 32t polished SS chainring a couple weeks ago.
    If you're lucky enough to be in the mountains,
    you're lucky enough.

Members who have read this thread: 0