got pink?- Mtbr.com

Thread: got pink?

the cool nerd

got pink?

My better half broke her geared FS bike today and out of the blue she decided that for her upcoming b-day she wants a single speed (woohoo, eat your heart out wooglin), and to just to make it interesting, she wants a pink ss. Looking to keep the cost down on this one (she's also replacing her FS bike, hopefully via warantee), so I'm looking for a pink surly (or anything comparable). Does anyone know of any shops/sites that still have the pink Surlys (or anything comparable)?
    "The search for a perfect pint should take lifetime." M.Jackson

Ride bikes, not goats. Just good advice

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    You might have a hard time finding a pink surly 1x1, but Bianchi makes a Pink Puss frame that you could get and build it up. If you go to Bianchusa.com you can view the frame. Its an easton alluminum frame with a cromoly fork. Price is $599.00 Check it out.

i worship Mr T

i'd give her mine

Quote Originally Posted by sportsman
    My better half broke her geared FS bike today and out of the blue she decided that for her upcoming b-day she wants a single speed (woohoo, eat your heart out wooglin), and to just to make it interesting, she wants a pink ss. Looking to keep the cost down on this one (she's also replacing her FS bike, hopefully via warantee), so I'm looking for a pink surly (or anything comparable). Does anyone know of any shops/sites that still have the pink Surlys (or anything comparable)?
    .............but then i'd have to kill her to get it back. but i will consider loaning her the pink boa once she gets her bike.

have you checked ebay?

rt
    "where are you not going so fast?" (question asked to cyclist on a trainer)

*rt*'s fabulous blog
    mm blogging

Obi
    -_-
    Oct 2005

Idea! Just buy one of the frames...

And a sticker pack, then powdercoat it. There's so many "fake" pink 1x1's out there it's not even funny. (You can tell because there's a certain way the decals are applied, some people never think to put them back in the exact same spot.)

I checked for a customer on the powdercoat deal, it's about $120-140.00 for the media blast and coating. It's a standard RAL pink, and a sticker pack isn't much either.

*You post this yet in the Surly forum, place an ad in classifieds? Worth a shot right?

Obi..

Side note: GT's got a SS this year, not pink, but green. Not sure of the quality though.

mtbr member
    I just stripped down my pink Surly 1x1 and I'm considering selling it soon (out of room in the garage.) Will she fit on a 18"?

paintbucket
    You're an architect, be creative.

When the going gets weird its bedtime.

Members who have read this thread: 0