Got parts?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Got parts?

mtbr member

Got parts?

Well I got all of my conversion parts in today! If I only didn't have to work all afternoon I would tear the bike down now! Pricepoint and Jenson have great prices on everything you need. I will throw up pix as soon as I am done!
    Don't talk back to Darth Vader or he'll getcha!

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    i got a massive box from CRC a few weeks ago. feels so good to just rip in... i've got another order ready to go, but i'm waiting for the ok from the mrs before it gets ordered: XT discs, XT/717 wheels, new bar and stem... new toys = fun.

bring on the pics, choppy choppy.

Gone Bamboo
    got my discreet parcel post today, convert convert convert!

I got to tear the bike up and add some parts but I am stuck at the back wheel, removing the cassette. Suppose to get some tools to do it today so my next worry is hopefully I don't have to use the ugly chain tensioner.
    Last edited by UmbrousSoul; 04-10-2008 at 01:05 PM.
    National Economic Security And Reformation Act

mtbr member
    Well it is done! The only thing I couldn't do was remove the small chainring. But big deal! I bought a chain whip and lock ring socket and the cassette came right off. The bike feels really light and super fast. I was a 16th of an inch away from not needing the tensioner! But when I get a little stronger and switch to the 18t cog I will be glad it is there.

The chain line isn't quite as good as I would like. I am going to have to mess with the spacers that came with the cogs. Over all I am super happy though! Especially doing it myself. I had thought about just letting a shop do it since it is a new bike but I figured what the hell!

mtbr member
    Here are the finished pix..........
    Attached Images Attached Images

think pink
    With that crankset it's super easy to remove the small chainring. Just loosen take the cap off the non drive side, loosen the bolts on the crank itself, remove the non-drive side crank, then pop the drive side crank off. Simple.

Members who have read this thread: 0