Good price on tires..- Mtbr.com
    Retro Grouch

Idea! Good price on tires..

Just bought a couple of Panaracer Fire XC Pro (wire bead) from JensonUSA for $9@. Not the choice for weight weenies, 680 gms (100 gms more then the Kevlar), but hey for $9 why not. I just checked the site and they sold out but expect more tomorrow

Just in case you care, http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product.aspx?i=TI611A00

1G1G, Brad

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Also a heads up, I got some Geax Sedona 2.25's from nashbar for $11 with the 20% off coupon code listed in the "deals" forum.

We get titles?
    Quote Originally Posted by aka brad
    Just bought a couple of Panaracer Fire XC Pro (wire bead) from JensonUSA for $9@. Not the choice for weight weenies, 680 gms (100 gms more then the Kevlar), but hey for $9 why not. I just checked the site and they sold out but expect more tomorrow

1G1G, Brad
    OEM Fires. I wonder if those are the same ones that everybody was up in arms about a couple of years ago. Remember, they were made in Korea instea of Japan or Japan insteas of Korea (not sure which) and the TPI was different? I don't know if there was a problem with the tires or if they were just heavier or what. And that was a couple of years ago, so I don't even know if those cheaper OEM ones still exist, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

34N 118W

Geax note

Quote Originally Posted by TACSTS
    Also a heads up, I got some Geax Sedona 2.25's from nashbar for $11 with the 20% off coupon code listed in the "deals" forum.
    note that they have the teal (green) sidewalls. AND you need to order at least $75 worth of stuff for the coupon to work.

thanks
    HW
    Last edited by Hollywood; 03-04-2004 at 04:45 PM. Reason: new info

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

No good ugh, teal sidewalls on a pink bike with blue parts?

someone call the fab 5. yikes!

34N 118W

pipe down

Quote Originally Posted by eSSq
    someone call the fab 5. yikes!
    worry about ya' own dam self!

Pink and teal baby, just like back in the day.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood
    note that they have the teal (green) sidewalls. AND you need to order at least $75 worth of stuff for the coupon to work.

thanks
    HW
    Yeah, I didn't know they were tealwalls, (but I'm kinda glad they are ), but I should have mentioned that you had to order $75, I was ordering a 3-bike Saris bones rack so I had that covered.

theHeadlessThompsonGunner
    Those Sedonas are SICK! They're the World's Largest 2.25, and ugly to the last drop. They're pretty light (<700 gm), and great for anything dry. Really fast rolling--even when ridden tubeless at 18 psi (not recommended; pretty squirmy).

I had to toss mine on behalf of the cabbage and throw-up color, but they were nice nonetheless. I can't believe they're running for $11 now! I paid a whopping $13 per for mine.
    "I've courted brain damage like some courtesan of darkness."

-The Good Doctor

Medium?

I already think you need some help from these guys

<a href="http://www.comedycentral.com/tv_shows/straightplanforthegayman/index.jhtml?_requestid=306405">regardless of your "orientation". (click me)</a>

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by aka brad

1G1G, Brad
    Hell, I have a brand new kevlar bead 2.1 Fire XC I would gladly give away...

--Billy

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
    - Douglas Adams

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by upNdown
    OEM Fires. I wonder if those are the same ones that everybody was up in arms about a couple of years ago. Remember, they were made in Korea instea of Japan or Japan insteas of Korea (not sure which) and the TPI was different? I don't know if there was a problem with the tires or if they were just heavier or what. And that was a couple of years ago, so I don't even know if those cheaper OEM ones still exist, but I thought it was worth mentioning.
    There is no problem with the OEM versions other than they are heavier and the casing is less supple which can affect the ride, traction and rolling resistance.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common