Gone SS BABY!!!!!!- Mtbr.com
    bonkin' clyde

Gone SS BABY!!!!!!

I went SS today. Damn talk about LIBERATION!!
    I was pedaling around campus like usual but just got tired of the ghost-shifting etc. I had never changed gears even once since I took the bike to campus in the first place. So today I spun up to a park bench on campus, whipped out my Topeak Alien and just slipped off unnecessary junk: OLD suntour shifters, old rusty cable and housing, and a hefty projectile of a Shimano altus (ancient) rear derailleur and some chain links. You guys probly have a good idea, but tomorrow once I take off the two other chainrings and take off some unnecessary cogs and replace them with spacers...I'll be rolling waay up high above my derailleur-stricken counterparts...and tomorrow off comes the front shifter and derailleur!
    My bed comforts my body. Sleep comforts my mind. The trail comforts my soul. And without a soul, what is a body anyway?

drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
    When the weather gets better, take it to Avalon and thrash it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bluronthetrails
    I went SS today. Damn talk about LIBERATION!!
    I was pedaling around campus like usual but just got tired of the ghost-shifting etc. I had never changed gears even once since I took the bike to campus in the first place. So today I spun up to a park bench on campus, whipped out my Topeak Alien and just slipped off unnecessary junk: OLD suntour shifters, old rusty cable and housing, and a hefty projectile of a Shimano altus (ancient) rear derailleur and some chain links. You guys probly have a good idea, but tomorrow once I take off the two other chainrings and take off some unnecessary cogs and replace them with spacers...I'll be rolling waay up high above my derailleur-stricken counterparts...and tomorrow off comes the front shifter and derailleur!
    Now this is SSing to me. Did the conversion at a park bench with his pocket tool. That's the SSing attitude.

mtbr member
    haha, that's what I was just thinking. I bet you got some pretty confused looks. Awesome