Getting ready to Ride.- Mtbr.com
    Sleek Jamis Exile Rider

Getting ready to Ride.

I just put my Jamis Exile SS in the shop today for a minor overhaul.

1. New shorter Stem. The current stem is too long causing me to reach much further than I am comfortable. I want to be a bit more upright so I can jam harder around the local single track.

2. Tubeless tires. The local ST I ride is chock full of Goat Head Stickers. Nuff said.

3. Bleeding the brakes. I have Hydros and they need bleeding every now and again.

4. General clean up.

I havent ridden in about 6 months. Ive been busy. Plus Im rehabbing a shoulder injury and am about done with that inconvenience

mtbr member
    Aug 2012

I'm just messing with ya'. Congratulations on getting the bike going strong again.
    Last edited by action fab; 08-19-2012 at 10:00 AM.

Sleek Jamis Exile Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by action fab View Post

I'm just messing with ya'. Congratulations on getting the bike going strong again.
    Before I dropped a bunch of weight this past year, I commented to my wife, that I might need a man bra. This is not what I had in mind. But thanks all the same

local trails rider
    Your list sounds like a good plan.

When I converted to SS, I soon realised a shorter stem was going to work better for me. That might depend on bike and rider proportions, though. I first realized the stem thing when I felt out of balance when climbing but it also improved my ability to apply body English.

"it IS possible that you are faster or slower than anybody else who is having at least as much if not more or less fun"

Members who have read this thread: 0