Gentlemen...behold!!!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Gentlemen...behold!!!

THE ***** BIKE!!!

Ok, so if yall don't get my title of this thread, you need to start watching Aqua Teen Hunger Force on Adult Swim.

Anyway, this is the bike I affectionately call the ***** Bike, a name which is obtained after I chose to stick this decal for the KHS ***** bike on the frame. So...on to the bike.

If I had tons of disposable income I would probably buy one of them fancy shmancy high dollar singlespeeds, but Im a poor college student. Even if I did have the money, I wouldn't have spent that much on a bike I wasnt sure if I'd like anyway. Therefore, it seemed to make the most sense to convert an old bike to a singlespeed.

I found this old Jamis Explorer XR for $25 and decided it would make a great singlespeed with its horizontal dropouts. Its a close enough size for me, so I figured I would check this singlespeed stuff out. I started with a cheesy Specialized "Son of Strongarm" crank that has only 1 set of bolt holes in 74mm BCD, but I had the middle 32T ring from it to use. Then, I happened to have an old Araya rim laced to a cheapo Shimano HG cassette hub, so I spaced it out with an 18T cog from a cassette, as it was all I had. I had a crappy steel riser bar I put on there. Originally, it had some weird Dia-comple cantilever brakes made out of plastic, yes, plastic brakes and levers. I started riding it, and it was pretty cool. It had a really solid, yet compliant ride, very surprising for a cheapo steel frame. So, I decided this was more than an experiment, but a new member of the stable.

Then, I started changing a few things out to suit my needs a bit better. The crud guard fender was given to me, but I decided I start making stuff red, so I painted the support braces. Then, I wanted to get a new handlebar, so I found a Titec Hellbent riser and later found the alloy quill stem to get a bit more height to alleviate my back pain. I felt the ugly silver seatpost was a goner, so I ordered a cheapo Kalloy post, which works great for the lowly sum of $5.99. Next, I wanted to do something about the cheesy azz brakes, so robbed some Suntour cantis off another bike and some Dia-compe levers off yet another bike. I put those Lizard Skins red logo grips to get the red level up a notch, as well as painting the crank bolt caps and adding a red water bottle cage. I also robbed those Continental Country tires off a bike I am parting out.

Last, I did a bit of custom fab work to personalize the bike. The valve stem caps are not just run of the mill dice caps you can get at the auto parts store, but ones I made out of real Bicycle brand dice (how appropriate huh?). Then, I decided the unused downtube cable guides looked like crap, but I was scared to try to cut them off, and I didn't want to ruin the frame if I ever decided to convert it back to a geared bike. So, I took my old red bullet style tire valve caps, cut them up, and slid them over the old cable guides. Also, I forgot to mention how I turned the "18 SPEED" decals into "1 SPEED" decals.

Anyway, thats what a lot of work and about $100 investment can get for you. I think its pretty cool and *****in'.
    Attached Images Attached Images

newbie boobie.
    Nice bike.

When is Aqua Teen Hunger Force on? My friends won't stop talking about it, and I have been in Europe for 4 months but am now back and want to get in the loop again.

I'm in S.F., but oddly have Eastern time zoned DirecTv... Everything is on 3 hours earlier, save the local channels and live TV.
    It ain't easy being human.

6x7=Dont Panic!
    Here are the times its on . Adult swim kicks arse. Except those girls shows that somehow got on. I miss Lupin 3rd... Wow, this post is the most OT post I ahve ever posted. And I used the word post like 10 times.
    Herro prease

6x7=Dont Panic!
    Oh ya, and OT again, Donkekus, I finally got that pinch bolt for the kooka stem.
    Herro prease

Bikes not Bombs.....

SF schedule for Aqua Teen Hunger Force....

I'm in S.F.,

The answer is according to my kids :

Monday thru Thursday - 9 pm PST, also on Sunday at 9:00 pm PST. Cartoon Network, channel 176 on Dish TV.

-JS-
    Thanks to all of you for your friendships on this board..... -

newbie boobie.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRedMantra
    Oh ya, and OT again, Donkekus, I finally got that pinch bolt for the kooka stem.
    Damn you! Wanna sell it?! Or at least torment me more by posting a pic. You are a bad man.

SELL IT TO ME!
    It ain't easy being human.