Gears on a Hope SS hub?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Gears on a Hope SS hub?

Single speed related...........
    Has anyone fitted a cassette/part of a cassette/stacked single sprockets on a Hope single speed hub to use with gears?
    Don't worry, this isn't instead of my single speed, it's another bike I'm building.
    I'd be interested to know how you did it, what parts you used, how many gears you ended up with? I'd be happy to go with as few as 3, up to how many will physically fit (6?).
    Anyone done it?

local trails rider
    It has been done, but not by me. There's some threads about it. 5 or 6 cogs should fit.

I think the limit screws on some derailers can be challenging: you need to be able to adjust it so that you don't shift into the spokes.

"it IS possible that you are faster or slower than anybody else who is having at least as much if not more or less fun"

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by cockroach
    Has anyone fitted a cassette/part of a cassette/stacked single sprockets on a Hope single speed hub to use with gears?
    Don't worry, this isn't instead of my single speed, it's another bike I'm building.
    I'd be interested to know how you did it, what parts you used, how many gears you ended up with? I'd be happy to go with as few as 3, up to how many will physically fit (6?).
    Anyone done it?
    I have. http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...rials+10+speed
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Never Satisfied...
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cockroach
    Anyone done it?

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=458083

Natural Born Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by Skrufryder View Post
    Silly rabbit Jack Daniel drinking donkey kissing caterpiller

mtbr member
    Shiggy & Hollywood, what more could I want? Superb.

mtbr member
    I did with the help of the the threads listed above. Works nicely. Pay close attention to any discussion about what derailleurs work best. I modified a SRAM X-9 but will go another route when it needs to be replaced. If I remember right, folks have good luck with non-Shadow Shimano derailleurs and there's no need to to modify them.

Members who have read this thread: 0