Gary Fisher Superfly (1st gen), magic gear?- Mtbr.com
    Recovering couch patato

Gary Fisher Superfly (1st gen), magic gear?

Hi all,

I bet all sizes have the same chain stays, but mine is an XL. Non-SS version.

Anyone ever found a magic gear for it? I can work from there to find what I'll best try, I need something approximately 36x16 worth.

Thanks!

J

mtbr member
    Get as close as you can with the gears and cogs you have (and a new chain). Measure how much you can push down the chain from straight across and I can run some numbers. You can use an old chain and get the magic gear for that chain.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Or just use this... works great. you need to use all new parts for it to work good though...
    http://eehouse.org/fixin/formfmu.php

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Back to the SS eh?
    Thanks to www.weavercycleworks.com for my awesome bike frames!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.SBC
    Or just use this... works great. you need to use all new parts for it to work good though...
    http://eehouse.org/fixin/formfmu.php
    And you need a precise number for the chainstay length.

Recovering couch patato
    Thanks folks. I know the procedure, have done it before, but experiences from others with the same frame can save a lot of time and effort.

Considering to complete this build first as a SS. Have had the frame for over a year, but never completed it. Can't get cranks I like (longer than 180mm and not heavy), or wheels (wide rim, not heavy, not expensive). Else, it's going to be pretty nice. Salsa carbon 17 bars, custom 470mm/55mm offset steel fork.

It's a real pain to be shopping for saddles in 2010. A plain Flite, over a decade ago, was mighty fine at 201g. try and find a match for that, less than €100...

Oh, every frame deserves a chance as a SS.
    This one is destined to be 1x9, when I sort out the build, and the inevitable chain guide dilemma. I've bought a Rotor 38t ring for it, no less...

Members who have read this thread: 0