Gary Fisher Rig - Sizing question- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Gary Fisher Rig - Sizing question

I'm looking to pick up a 09' GF Rig, but I've called around to all the LBS around here and none have any in stock(if you are a LBS in the Chicagoland area that has one, post here or drop me a PM please!). My question is, if I am 6'3", 34-36inch inseam, what size do I want, 19" or 21". I figure the 21" since I have been riding a 19.5" for 6 or so years now and I feel I've gotten a few inches taller since then.

Thanks for the help!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I'm 5'11. I was looking at two identical diamondback hardtail mt bikes a while back. One was 18, the other was 16.5. I felt like the 16.5 was more fit for me, however I wasn't sure if I'd like the size of it on certain trails, so I went with the 18. Best move I ever made.

In short - If it were ME... and I were in between 2 sizes... I'd go 1 up rather than 1 down. Mostly because you can adapt to a frame slightly bigger, whereas you're kind of cramped and stuck with a frame that's slightly smaller.

Singletrack Slayer
    Quote Originally Posted by Roasted
    In short - If it were ME... and I were in between 2 sizes... I'd go 1 up rather than 1 down. Mostly because you can adapt to a frame slightly bigger, whereas you're kind of cramped and stuck with a frame that's slightly smaller.
    +1 for that, sounds like you need the 21"

1GEAR
    Dec 2008
    I'm 5'11 and ride a 19" Rig

mtbr member
    Definitely get the 21. I'm 5'10" and almost went with the 19. I have a Paragon but pretty much the same frame

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    6' 1" and i ride a 21"

Members who have read this thread: 0