Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: funny rant

  1. #1
    try driving your car less
    Reputation: jh_on_the_cape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,099

    funny rant

    this is good if you ride any bike paths for commuting. i dont agree with everything, but some of it rings so true.

    http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/bos/70245362.html
    Only boring people get bored.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    847

    bike paths are too dangerous for me

    I agree about the HFS.
    At least i have a little kid with a big helmet.
    Thanks JH, you didn't write this, did you;>

    Quote Originally Posted by jh_on_the_cape
    this is good if you ride any bike paths for commuting. i dont agree with everything, but some of it rings so true.

    http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/bos/70245362.html

  3. #3
    locked - time out
    Reputation: s1ngletrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,724
    Classic - unmitigated rage.

    Wonder how many will be offended by this guy's ability to tell it like it is?

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Potential Roadkill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    291

    Freaking hilarious!

    To funny! Still the flipside is that at least most of the people he was complaining about are out riding.. Though the not stopping to help thing does just frost my cajones... Had that happen before.
    29er Fan!

  5. #5
    try driving your car less
    Reputation: jh_on_the_cape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,099
    Quote Originally Posted by steelbike
    I agree about the HFS.
    At least i have a little kid with a big helmet.
    Thanks JH, you didn't write this, did you;>
    I didnt write it. I found it through the RBR Commuting forum.

    If there were more bikepaths, they would not be so crowded. That's the real problem. These people drive to the path as it's really the safest place to learn to rollerblade, walk the stroller, or bike.

    We have a nice 4 mile seaside bikepath. It's totally packed on summer weekends. Heavily used year round. On Tuesday voters passed the override which authorizes the extension of it another 10 miles or so! Should be done in 2007! Been in the planning stages for over 15 years.

    A badly needed highway doesnt take that long.
    Only boring people get bored.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ernesto_from_Wisconsin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,004

    hilarity

    Quote Originally Posted by Potential Roadkill
    To funny! Still the flipside is that at least most of the people he was complaining about are out riding.. Though the not stopping to help thing does just frost my cajones... Had that happen before.
    When I see a person with a mechanical when I am riding, I always lend a hand. It's the ENO in my blood. Doesn't matter if its some HBFK mom or a 12 year old stinkboy. I always help people to the best of my ability...sadly, I've been given the short end of the stick before.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,995
    that made me laugh out oud numerous times.... 98% of it is so fockin true!

    my favorite part was the praise for the gay dudes on the tandem cannondale.

    i think this post also highlights the greatness of the east coast attitude. it takes a pissed off person from a crowded eastern seaboard city to come up with bitterness this brilliant!

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ernesto_from_Wisconsin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,004

    a lot is true

    Quote Originally Posted by max-a-mill
    that made me laugh out oud numerous times.... 98% of it is so fockin true!

    my favorite part was the praise for the gay dudes on the tandem cannondale.

    i think this post also highlights the greatness of the east coast attitude. it takes a pissed off person from a crowded eastern seaboard city to come up with bitterness this brilliant!
    Don't get me wrong about people on wheelchairs, but one time I was on the Glacial Drumlin trail, and here comes a dood on a pro-chair, all marathoned out with helmet n' sh¡t. He didn't even move to his lane. I was the one who had to go into the grass because he was all turbo...

    Same trail, once hit a dog. "ON YOUR LEFT!!!" and WHACK! little dog whacked my rear wheel. I felt bad, but the owner should have had that musky bait on a leash.

Similar Threads

  1. Wobblenaught... Gandhi or Devil..
    By flipnidaho in forum Idaho, Montana, Wyoming
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-17-2005, 09:18 AM
  2. effing funny post
    By SHIVER ME TIMBERS in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-28-2005, 11:05 PM
  3. Stupid people NEVER cease to amaze me (OT Monday morning funny)
    By crashedandburned in forum Riding Passion and Stories
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-15-2004, 12:52 PM
  4. Wana see something funny as hell...
    By milhouse in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-17-2004, 12:56 AM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.