FSA/Hadley happiness- Mtbr.com
    Category Winner

FSA/Hadley happiness

I finally got around to getting the crank I always wanted on my SS. I am a fan of Octalink and have great luck with them. The FSA was the sexiest Octalink crank ever made according to People magazines Sexiest Crank Issue.

I also swapped out my XMax XL's for a set of Hadley/819's. No, they're not the SS Hadley's, but they do have the awesome engagement. I couldn't pass them up at the price I paid for them. The axle mounting thing is SO solid. Whodathunkit?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by teamdicky; 06-23-2005 at 04:21 AM. Reason: ed
    WWW.TEAMDICKY.COM

I get paid 3 every time I post on MTBR.

drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
    Quote Originally Posted by teamdicky
    I finally got around to getting the crank I always wanted on my SS. I am a fan of Octalink and have great luck with them. The FSA was the sexiest Octalink crank ever made according to People magazines Sexiest Crank Issue.

I also swapped out my XMax XL's for a set of Hadley/819's. No, they're not the SS Hadley's, but they do have the awesome engagement. I couldn't pass them up at the price I paid for them. The axle mounting thing is SO solid. Whodathunkit?
    So did your bike get lighter in the swap, or just your wallet?
    "Keep your burgers lean and your tires fat." -h.d. | ssoft | flickr

Category Winner

I don't have a wallet...

but I do use a binder clip. After selling off the parts I didn't need I ended up short by about $50-70. I also ended up gaining some weight. I knew the wheels were going to be heavier, but I rode some Kings awhile back and I fell in love with the faster engagemant. I only paid $350 for the wheels. The cranks were just about a wash weight wise. I have wanted these cranks for some time, and I recently caught a good deal on Ebay.
    I didn't do an accurate weight comparison, but my bathroom scale says I added about .4lbs. I also added the upper torso of a wire/plastic skeleton to my Surly fork and I figure he might have added some weight. I guess I should have took a pic of that upgrade. I am not sure he is going to stay on the bike. I have a Waltworks fork on order and he may not be compatible.
    WWW.TEAMDICKY.COM

I get paid 3 every time I post on MTBR.