Freakin gnomes attacked last night!- Mtbr.com
    USB Rep'n

Freakin gnomes attacked last night!

I long doubted their existence figuring it was all just a delusional myth started by some whacked out cheesehead with eccentrics on the brain. Last night, I learned different.

I have been running a 32x17 on my Blizzard for about a year now. All setup sans tensioner with the help of a Spicer half link which has performed beautifully. Well, I finally decide to pep up that old drivetrain with some new stuff since the ring/cog/chain wear was starting to result in slightly less than optimal chain tension. I wasn't throwing it or anything, just a little looser than I had originally and wanted now. I grabbed myself a brand new, unramped Raceface 32t ring and a 17t cog (thanks to Brad again for hooking us up with those). Decided to go sturdy on the chain and opted for a 3/32" KMC dropbuster bmx chain - all burly, shiny, gold, and new. Anyway, I figure it's gonna make for one sweet tension on that baby.

Enter the gnomes (lil bastiges). I get everything setup to go and after sizing the chain against the one I took off, I install. Thing is, I can't get it right. It's so taut that I can't even get the crank to turn, if I add a link, it sags like things you hope to never see. Could it be that Ernesto was right all along? Have I been the unwitting victim of yet another gnoming? Please, I need answers before I settle into a life of drinking and maniacal conversations with a basement wall.....
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!

mtbr member

Ay!

Quote Originally Posted by namaSSte

Enter the gnomes (lil bastiges). I get everything setup to go and after sizing the chain against the one I took off, I install. Thing is, I can't get it right. It's so taut that I can't even get the crank to turn, if I add a link, it sags like things you hope to never see. Could it be that Ernesto was right all along? Have I been the unwitting victim of yet another gnoming? Please, I need answers before I settle into a life of drinking and maniacal conversations with a basement wall.....
    You didn't get Punk'd. You got gnome'd!

ENO is the way to go

from the STL

stl gnomes

the gnomes get me now and then too
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Matt
    www.gorctrails.com