Foot Rub- Mtbr.com

Thread: Foot Rub

mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Foot Rub

So is foot rub a issue with 29rs?

I notice while putting around my yard,wearing flip flops that at times on tight turns in the middle of cranking my foot gets a little rub from the front tire. I feel the frame is the correct height for me when I stand over it, if I went up in size i would not be able to stand over the bike, is this just something you need to get use to on a 29r? Or do I need to make sure I have my feet on the peddles where they belong?

Thanks,

Poorbob

Out spokin'
    Toe
    Quote Originally Posted by PoorBob
    So is foot rub a issue with 29rs?

I notice while putting around my yard,wearing flip flops that at times on tight turns in the middle of cranking my foot gets a little rub from the front tire. I feel the frame is the correct height for me when I stand over it, if I went up in size i would not be able to stand over the bike, is this just something you need to get use to on a 29r? Or do I need to make sure I have my feet on the peddles where they belong?

Thanks,

Poorbob
    Toe overlap happens with some frames, not with others. Frame design and frame size come into play.

Can happen with 26ers (not so much) and road bikes, too.

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

My spoon is too big!
    Flip-flops don't really lend themselves to proper foot/pedal positioning. Try the same test wearing different shoes, and see if the toe rub still happens. On my 29er, I have about 1.5 inches between my toe and the tire.
    "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Mtbr Forum Sponsor - Homebrewed Components
    Jul 2006
    i had some issues on my rig. I wear a size 47, which isnt exactly an abnormal size, so i'm not sure what the deal is. I sold it and went back to my 26er, but it was a PITB

mtbr member
    I was thinking more of a "foot rub" by a topless babe bringing me a tall cold glass of vodka and fruit juice...mmmm, summer is almost here

Out spokin'
    Quote Originally Posted by masterofnone
    I was thinking more of a "foot rub" by a topless babe bringing me a tall cold glass of vodka and fruit juice...mmmm, summer is almost here
    Camel toe overlap... now that's a good thing.

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    true dat! I would have no issue with that problem......

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    i noticed the same hting last week. i just took my bike out for a couple of min while wearing normal shoes and my toes hit the tire. when i were my clipless shoes i never touch.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I do plan to go with a White Bros fork, they seem to give a .5" which should clear up my toes!

Members who have read this thread: 0