Flyte Celcius 6 to a SS.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Flyte Celcius 6 to a SS.

I just pulled the trigger on a Flye Celcius 6 frame of E-bay. My wife has been using one of there road bikes (an SRS-2 I bleive?) for about a year and I have always been impressed with the bike. Anyway, I've been wanting to build a SS for a long time and figured this might be a good platform. Here's the way I plant to go about it:

For wheels, I've got a set of XTR hubs laced to Botranger Mustang rims (had'em for years). I figured it wouldn't be too hard to convert the rear to a single cog, but haven't researched it yet.

Cranks will be square taper XT's (for now). I'll evertually upgrade to the later style as $$ comes available.

And, rounding off the parts will be a set of XT v-brakes, XT levers.

Seatpost is an Easton EA70
    Seat is some old ti seat I've got...can't remember the name (CyclePro?)

As you might have guessed, this build will be using parts I've got lying around, and the only purchase was the frame.

Any input as to what kind of tensioner I should use, how to convert the hub, etc? I'm pretty stoked abotu building up the bike, adn will post some pics as I get it together.

What day are we riding?
    The FAQ will answer your questions. I would go with the Rennen.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Thanks for that...
    I've read the FAQ & have researched about every aspect of going singlespeed; it aint rocket science. I just figured someone would be interested in a FLyte build, as you don't see them that much.
    As far as going with the other frame, The Celcius was in the right size and at the right price...with my budgetary constraints those two factors outweigh personal preference.

Members who have read this thread: 0