fixers unite!!!- Mtbr.com

Thread: fixers unite!!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

fixers unite!!!

all full-time and part-time fixers in the east, lets get together at races. the snake creek gap time trial series in dalton, georgia will add a fixed gear category if they can get a few fixers to race (feb 4 and mar 4). they may add one anyway and let me win it as i am the only entrant so far. many other race organizers will add a fixer category if they can get fixers to enter.

i plan to race bakers dozen 13 hour near augusta and shenandoah 100 also. my other races are undecided at this point. i'm willing to travel a bit if there are 10 other fixers in their own category. there are quite a few fixers, we just have to plan our event and do it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Up North a bit

Quote Originally Posted by jrwmojo
    all full-time and part-time fixers in the east, lets get together at races. the snake creek gap time trial series in dalton, georgia will add a fixed gear category if they can get a few fixers to race (feb 4 and mar 4). they may add one anyway and let me win it as i am the only entrant so far. many other race organizers will add a fixer category if they can get fixers to enter.

i plan to race bakers dozen 13 hour near augusta and shenandoah 100 also. my other races are undecided at this point. i'm willing to travel a bit if there are 10 other fixers in their own category. there are quite a few fixers, we just have to plan our event and do it.
    I'm a bit too far to the North of you to make it down for the TT's. I'll be in your neck of the woods of the ORAMM this summer in NC and will most likely attend the SM-100 as well. Are you still riding the X-Check? I just built a new KM this week fixed/free and I'm pretty sure that's the bike I'll race this summer. The Nano's and Exi's provide a bit nicer footprint on the rocks over the Mutano's and Panaracer 45c's! Keep me posted if you're definite for the SM-100. I'm also willing to travel a bit for an off-road fixed gear festival!

-l

SUBLIM8er
    Also too far north and not to hyjack your thread, but How about a FGWC?

French for "Suck"
    Quote Originally Posted by Axis II
    You mean like the NACCC or CMWC?

velocipede technician

unite!

no longer freewheeling through life in nor cal.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by l-dub1
    I'm a bit too far to the North of you to make it down for the TT's. I'll be in your neck of the woods of the ORAMM this summer in NC and will most likely attend the SM-100 as well. Are you still riding the X-Check? I just built a new KM this week fixed/free and I'm pretty sure that's the bike I'll race this summer. The Nano's and Exi's provide a bit nicer footprint on the rocks over the Mutano's and Panaracer 45c's! Keep me posted if you're definite for the SM-100. I'm also willing to travel a bit for an off-road fixed gear festival!

-l
    i hope to do the oramm as well, and the shenandoah 100. i may see you there. i hate to commit to races this early, but i plan to be at both. yes, i'm racing the surly crosscheck. good luck on your new ride and the fatties.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Axis II
    if we can get 10 fixies at the shenandoah 100 event, how about we try to get the organizer to make an unofficial FGNC or FGWC? i know of 3 fixers planning it as of now.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by hollister
    no longer freewheeling through life in nor cal.
    whoa, hollister dude. you are too far away, unless you want to travel here. shenandoah race may be worth it, if we get alot of fixers. congrats for taking the dark side of cycling (fixed off road).

Members who have read this thread: 0