First "unplanned" night ride- Mtbr.com
    Retro Grouch

First "planned" night ride

Well it had to happen. I have the lights and the bike but never quite planned a night ride before. Well I've been commuting from Santa Cruz to Pacific Grove this week for a training class. There I met up with a Fish and Game manager named Tim that I met a couple years ago at the Police/Fire Games. We decided we had to go for a ride and settled on a night ride at Fort Ord; there we met another Fish and Game manager named Paul. The first photo is Tim and Paul; Paul on his Hunter SS and Tim on a Blur (he says he has a DISS but I've yet to see it ). You'll notice them showing off their matching jerseys.

The second photo is Paul and Tim on the trail. While I had an old Night Rider light system, they were using a newer HID system that made my light look like it was running out of battery.

The third photo is Paul and I taken by Tim. I way overdressed and had to wear my jacket as a belt.

Tim looking silly in the dark after the last photo.

Finally new stuff. After about 6 months my Time Shoes proved defective and I sent them back. It turns out Time is getting out of the shoe business and had no replacement shoes. We agreed on a new set of Times answer to Eggbeaters. The Time XZ's. Pretty cool. Anyway riding at night is way cool but best to ride the course in daylight first.

1G1G, Brad
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by aka brad; 02-05-2004 at 10:21 PM.

34N 118W

nice report

Never done a night ride before now? Glad ya got out there to try it

HW

Quote Originally Posted by aka brad
    Well it had to happen. I have the lights and the bike but never quite planned a night ride before. Well I've been commuting from Santa Cruz to Pacific Grove this week for a training class. There I met up with a Fish and Game manager named Tim that I met a couple years ago at the Police/Fire Games. We decided we had to go for a ride and settled on a night ride at Fort Ord; there we met another Fish and Game manager named Paul. The first photo is Tim and Paul; Paul on his Hunter SS and Tim on a Blur (he says he has a DISS but I've yet to see it ). You'll notice them showing off their matching jerseys.

The second photo is Paul and Tim on the trail. While I had an old Night Rider light system, they were using a newer HID system that made my light look like it was running out of battery.

The third photo is Paul and I taken by Tim. I way overdressed and had to wear my jacket as a belt.

Tim looking silly in the dark after the last photo.

Finally new stuff. After about 6 months my Time Shoes proved defective and I sent them back. It turns out Time is getting out of the shoe business and had no replacement shoes. We agreed on a new set of Times answer to Eggbeaters. The Time XZ's. Pretty cool. Anyway riding at night is way cool but best to ride the course in daylight first.

1G1G, Brad