First SS Ride - Tracking Results- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2011

First SS Ride - Tracking Results

So after some farting around on little trails I got my bike dialed in and took er out on a moderate local trail. Without even being in kick a$$ mode and stopping/slowing for numerous joggers, I placed in the top ten on every segment of the trail. I even took King of the Mountain on one of the short grunts. This has me motivated to go back out on this trail tomorrow and try to own them all!!!

I'm a believer...

Granted this was just the right sort of trail. I rode a trail today deemed by most to be unsuitable for SS and I finished it in double the time I do on my geared bike. I also almost passed out. My goal was not to get off and push though, and I accomplished that.
    Last edited by stackwalker; 07-06-2012 at 09:00 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Strava will be the demise of having fun on a mountain bike...

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Congrats!

mtbr member
    Awesome climb there on Collister. Thats a decent grade that up pushed with good power.

Quote Originally Posted by DanD View Post

mtbr member
    Awesome man! I had my third ride today on my new rigid SS and the first real ride with it on an epic trail. I PR'd or 2nd bested all my times on strava. I'm pretty stoked on the whole SS thing. I know it's going to make me a lot faster.
    Ride Bikes
    Drink Beer

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by DanD View Post
    I strongly disagree... It's enhanced my riding so much. I'm interested in training and possibly getting into racing. This app allows me to do so much more in terms of monitoring my progress. It also makes for some really fun, lighthearted competition between friends. It adds a whole new dimension to riding. There are times when I don't turn it on when I just want to go for a ride and take in scenery and enjoy being out.. but when I train it's invaluable.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by stackwalker View Post
    I strongly disagree... It's enhanced my riding so much. I'm interested in training and possibly getting into racing. This app allows me to do so much more in terms of monitoring my progress. It also makes for some really fun, lighthearted competition between friends. It adds a whole new dimension to riding. There are times when I don't turn it on when I just want to go for a ride and take in scenery and enjoy being out.. but when I train it's invaluable.
    I agree fully. I turn it on for all my rides. Even easy paced fun rides where I'm not concerned with KoMs or PRs.
    Ride Bikes
    Drink Beer

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I bought an SS to train on...sold my geared bike. Love the SS, keep it up.

Members who have read this thread: 0