First BMX race in two years, & a cruiser class win- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2005

First BMX race in two years, & a cruiser class win

Afer ridding my mountain biking 20" front and rear braked bmx bike with Eon (minesapint) at St Edwards park in kirkland Wa Thursday I knew I would like to try a BMX race again, I did some small jumps along with that ride.
    Went to the Bakerview track in Mt Vernon on Sunday, they had a free trial ABA license, WOOHOO. I bring my 24" cruiser and my 20" bmx racer to practice on and see which I would race. I sign up to race the Cruiser and I change to my mallet egg beaters, first time racing a bmx clipped in, but all the Mt bike racing and 3 seasons of cross all on clips makes the decision easy. I also find out that not only is the temporary license free, there also waiving the $10 race fee as well, this is sweet.
    At the age of 28 on a cruiser I am put in a class with a 13 year old boy, a 26 year old married mother of two trying her first race, and a guy about my age, on the coolest BRew cruiser frame with carbon fork, he was pretty fast in practice and has a # 29 on his plate, must be pretty good. So the race was pretty much me against the brew guy, and it was good racing. He wins the first moto, he hi lows me in the first corner, second moto goes to me as I high low him in the second corner, he try's to hi low me in the last corner, but I am able to stay near the top of the berm and go around, WOW. Final moto he gets me off the start, I figure he has it won, then he goes kinda low in the last berm and slides out, I pass over the top for the WIN.
    The ABA needed the free trial idea really bad, and it worked out great, I saw the MOM, and also her son and even a girl with a pink bike with a basket racing, all probably their first race. Lots of fun, Mt bikes are allowed also and they race either in the cruiser class or in a mtbike class if their is enough people.

Drinkin' Buddy

Nice going Adam!

Good job racing! I wonder if they would let you take the fixed cross check out there for a few motos? That should freak out everybody sufficiently.

Up for riding Tuesday night at St. Eddies? I'm swamped with work for the rest of the week all the way through Saturday so it has to be Tuesday for me.
    Got Beer?

mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Tuesday is tomorrow,

Quote Originally Posted by Blowout
    Good job racing! I wonder if they would let you take the fixed cross check out there for a few motos? That should freak out everybody sufficiently.

Up for riding Tuesday night at St. Eddies? I'm swamped with work for the rest of the week all the way through Saturday so it has to be Tuesday for me.
    I guess Tomorrow would work, I'l give you a call later