mtbr member
    Mar 2005

First 24 hour solo last weekend (SS content)

Raced the solo singlespeed class up at the Burn 24 Hour this weekend.

Long race report up on the blog...enjoy: http://johnfkarrasch.blogspot.com/20...ce-report.html

Out spokin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny K
    Raced the solo singlespeed class up at the Burn 24 Hour this weekend.

Long race report up on the blog...enjoy: http://johnfkarrasch.blogspot.com/20...ce-report.html
    Way to freakin' GO!

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

HTFU!
    Nice! I recall seeing you out there. I was on a four (eventually three) person team riding my white Soul Cycles Hooligan SS. I was amazed at how many SSers were at this event, very cool! Now I am inspired to try solo next year...though my goal would be 13-15 laps...you guys riding 24 straight hours are just plain CRAZY.

Very, very nice effort, and a nice write up.
    I no longer deserve a signature.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by IMHO
    Nice! I recall seeing you out there. I was on a four (eventually three) person team riding my white Soul Cycles Hooligan SS. I was amazed at how many SSers were at this event, very cool! Now I am inspired to try solo next year...though my goal would be 13-15 laps...you guys riding 24 straight hours are just plain CRAZY.

Very, very nice effort, and a nice write up.
    White bike with some blue parts? I think I remember seeing it as they are pretty rare around here. Go for the solo...if you are even considering it, you are probably capable of doing it!!

HTFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny K
    White bike with some blue parts? I think I remember seeing it as they are pretty rare around here. Go for the solo...if you are even considering it, you are probably capable of doing it!!
    Ha, nice memory (surprised you can remember anything after all those laps)! Yep, I just built up that frame (my 2nd Hooligan), and other than two short practice runs, that was my first good ride on her. I actually have her stripped down right now as I was not done painting the front fork (just finished the the last clear-coat tonight), but I really did not want to take my geared FS out for such a long ride... Anyway, your accomplishment is very inspiring/motivating. Now I have almost a year to decide if I will race in the 40+ or SS class (either way I will be riding a SS).
    I'll see you then!
    I no longer deserve a signature.

Members who have read this thread: 0