the finished product- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

the finished product

I am happy to have finished the Panamint, so before going off to the house of Dios, I took some pictures of the finished product. This is one of two alu frames I have, and alu is perfect for bashing in the Milwaukee streets. Why? because I much rather use my Gunnar for races. Commuter mtb with a 42/18 drivetrain. Avid vees with problem solver adapters to be used with drop bar levers. Salsa bell laps (46cm), Titec stem, Alivio cranks (from my 1st mtb, a Trek 930 SHX from '93), WTB saddle, Ritchey post, generic bottle cages from REI, Continental slicks, Syncros rims, ENO of course. ACS freewheel (waiting for the 18t ENO one), bla bla bla...
    Last edited by ernesto_from_Wisconsin; 02-06-2007 at 07:15 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    That looks familiar....here's mine! I just finished it a week or so ago, well actually I need a handfull of spacers so I can get rid of the cassette but it's functionally finished... It's my first and only Aluminum bike. So far I've only ridden it on the road and haven't really noticed a big difference with my steel bikes. It's gonna be my college commuter/grocery getter. Wheels and tires off my old rockhopper, Avid V's, generic seatpost, old seat off my rockhopper, Coda ebay crank, GT rigid ebay fork, ritchey stem, KORE easton elite bar, Nashbar brake levers, Sun platform pedals, FSA headset, Oury grips. Planning on running 44/18 when I get some spacers, right now it's 44/15 just because that's what lined up on the cassette. When I finish it I also plan on using the singleator in "push-up". Anyhow, here she is:

beer *****es n' bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by TACSTS
    That looks familiar....here's mine! I just finished it a week or so ago, well actually I need a handfull of spacers so I can get rid of the cassette but it's functionally finished... It's my first and only Aluminum bike. So far I've only ridden it on the road and haven't really noticed a big difference with my steel bikes. It's gonna be my college commuter/grocery getter. Wheels and tires off my old rockhopper, Avid V's, generic seatpost, old seat off my rockhopper, Coda ebay crank, GT rigid ebay fork, ritchey stem, KORE easton elite bar, Nashbar brake levers, Sun platform pedals, FSA headset, Oury grips. Planning on running 44/18 when I get some spacers, right now it's 44/15 just because that's what lined up on the cassette. When I finish it I also plan on using the singleator in "push-up". Anyhow, here she is:
    Kinda looks like my college commuter/grocery getter... running 44x18t...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    bike dude, velocity employee (this is my personal account)