Finally.....a good hard freeze- Mtbr.com
    Account Retired

Finally.....a good hard freeze

another strange winter in the midwest.......... It's hard to believe that frozen trail conditions would be so hard to come by in January......but they have been.........kettle in the big whiskey.

King Pin

Upset Hi Gary

We shoulda had lots of moisture and snow and stuff in Northern Arizona by now, but no precipitation in eighty some odd days. Dry. Spring-like conditions prevail.

I'm using freakin' sprinklers and drippers in January ferchristsakes.....send some of your stuff west, por favor!

mtbr member

same issue here...

to much wet and not enough cold. I haven't ridden off road since November! Normally I ride alot in the winter. Last year the heavy snow was the issue.

But, on a better note, it was 60 degrees and sunny this last Sunday, not bad considering its normally 25 deg and overcast this time of year! I guess I'll just have to ride the roadie.

MC

Quote Originally Posted by LakeRaven
    another strange winter in the midwest.......... It's hard to believe that frozen trail conditions would be so hard to come by in January......but they have been.........kettle in the big whiskey.

Lazy People Suck

I am with ya.

It has been a frustrating winter for riding. I am in South Central Indiana and it has been a constant freeze/thaw cycle where it freezes at night and holds all the moisture and then turns to mud in the day and repeats. The only off road rides seem to at the crack of dawn and try to get off the trails before they start thawing out.

It got warm here early in the week and I thought I was going to get in a group ride tonight, but of course it rained all day yesterday, so I am back doing laps on the people trail system here in Columbus.
    "Son, The world needs ditchdiggers, too"-Ted Knight, Caddyshack

Members who have read this thread: 0