fetish bikes on ebay- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

fetish bikes on ebay

Anyone ever do business with lovemyfetishbike on ebay?

I sent them 2 messages over the last 8 days and have not received a response.

donkey
    i tried building a fetish obsession up yesterday, and the bottom bracked threads were all f-ed up. I chased them then tried retapping them, but it was so bad the frame might be totaled. The paint is ****, the welds are terrible, and my wheel doesnt sit straight in the dropouts.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I wouldn't buy another Fetish because of the problems with their frames and lack of customer service. I built up a Fixation as a multi-speed. The derailleur hanger offset was too short and did not give the derailleur enough clearance to clear the lower chainstay when on the smallest cog. The hanger was very unique and no other hanger could be used.

The rear brake bosses were welded on slightly crooked so I had to have those faced. The folks at Fetish never responded to my emails and phone calls.

more beers, lees gears.
    they are local to me here in AZ. I see a lot of people riding them, and they have a race team, yet I still have yet to hear anyone really excited about anything they put out.

I am pretty sure they are just importing their frames.
    A burrito is a sleeping bag for ground beef.

mtbr member
    Thanks guys - looks like it is best if they don't get back to me...

meh... whatever
    yeppa, they did you a favor. know lots of folks with them and none are happy. the word is definitely around the campfire to avoid them so i cant, for the life of me, figure out why theyre still around. only thing that comes to mind is they are duping noobs and ebay chowder heads.

which is sad, cuz then the noobs think the sport sucks when really its only their bike that does...
    "Knowledge is good." ~ Emil Faber

Got Mojo?
    A friend has a Black Fixation. She likes it.

I have no idea where she got it. What I do know is that it is built like a brick sh!t house, and the weight is appropriate for that....
    aLaN AT BikeMojo DOT com

what nice teeth you have
    I had one. Got rid of it b/c it was too big. But there was one glaring problem with the frame I had. Had to do with the headset. Picked up the Intergrated head set like they said and the bottom cup didn't fit. Sent it to the shop and they couldn't figure it out. Tried some other headsets, didn't work. Then after a couple of months I realized that the cup size for the bottom was the same as the top. The headset itself had different cup sizes on the top and bottom but the frame used the top cup size on both the top and bottom. Had emailed fetish a couple of times and they were of little help. Just told me to try the headset I already had. Bought the frame on ebay, and the terms of sale were no returns refunds, etc. I ended up buying an extra headset and using the top cup off of the second set. I was fairly new to biking at the time and this was my first build. What an education. The frame ended up being to big for me, it went up on ebay with the two headsets and full explanation. I probably would have kept it as a commuter if it fit me better. Their were a few good things that came out of that bike, one is it helped me resolve some sizing issues. The other thing I learned was how to avoid knee pain(the hard and fun way). Learned why you gotta ease yourself into a sport like cycling, have the right sized equipment, stretch. Took two months of physical therapy to get my IT bands straightened out. Would I buy a fetish again. Probably not. There are enough decent frames out there at the same price. Really into my Jenson bought zion ss right now. Paid the same for the Jenson frame as the fetish and think its a way better bike. Will be keeping the zion.

Edit: If I remember right the model wast the D&S (???). It was a lightweight, geared, HT, XC rig. The model I had isn't being sold anywhere on ebay or their website right now.
    Last edited by nadinno78; 05-20-2007 at 06:37 PM.

meh... whatever
    Quote Originally Posted by nadinno78
    Bought the frame on ebay, and the terms of sale were no returns refunds, etc.
    good point, i'd overlooked mentioning that as well.

imho any bike company selling its own, brand new frames without any type of return policy/warranty should be avoided. to me this says they know their stuff is crap and they're just in it for some quick $$$.

when i start selling frames next year they'll have both a warranty and a return policy just as ANY reputable seller should have.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Well, I'll chime in here, I don't agree with all the stuff I hear about them, One of my riding partners and I have bought over the years 3 Obsession frames and rode the crap out of each of them, a fixation, and a road frame, and never, not once had a problem, oh yeah, the der hanger is a little high, so the der makes contact with the chainstay in the smallest cog, no biggie, these bikes are made to be ridden singlespeed anyway. These bikes have been riden hard, everything from urban bike parks, all out lift access downhill, and hammerfest XC as singlespeeds, and they are bombproof, at least the ones i've ridden, and for the price, its a no brainer, $150 for a frame.

Out spokin'

Price doesn't matter

Quote Originally Posted by elake
    ... for the price, its a no brainer, $150 for a frame.
    If a frame is garbage, it doesn't matter what it costs. A dollar wasted is a dollar you could have spent on something else. Garbage is never a bargain.

So you've personally had good experience with your Fetish bikes and that's great. Great for you, anyway. But it means little to those who can't get a response from the seller of the frames on ebay for the very real problems they're having with their frames.

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

Retro Grouch

Attention to detail; not (OT)

Quote Originally Posted by monogod
    good point, i'd overlooked mentioning that as well.

imho any bike company selling its own, brand new frames without any type of return policy/warranty should be avoided. to me this says they know their stuff is crap and they're just in it for some quick $$$.

When i start selling frames next year they'll have both a warranty and a return policy just as ANY reputable seller should have.
    Check this out.
    http://www.fetishcycles.com/mountain...ion/index.html. (are those chain ring bolts holding the bike together?) While not the SS this is one crazy bike; "with a pivotless magnesium wrapped carbon fiber chain stay". Okay so maybe it's the other way around. When my Rocklobster was made, the left chain stay was 1.5 mm off. Paul jumped right on it and apologized. Granted mine was $900 frame, but these things do matter. Can you imagine the same thing with this place? These guys also sell carbon forks. Everybody now- Yikes

1G1G, Brad
    Last edited by aka brad; 05-20-2007 at 08:23 PM.
    Just one more rep and I get the toaster!

Retro Grouch

Great!!

These bikes have been riden hard, everything from urban bike parks, all out lift access downhill, and hammerfest XC as singlespeeds, and they are bombproof, at least the ones i've ridden, and for the price, its a no brainer, $150 for a frame.
    Did that include the price of two headsets?
    Last edited by aka brad; 05-20-2007 at 08:21 PM.

more beers, lees gears.
    monogod is selling frames? any details?

I know someone who broke a fixation. fetish told him SS causes too much stress on the Al frame. the dumb question is: why does fetish make a SS frame if it cant take it.

The aluminum in all their frames seems to be of a cheap grade. I'll take a steel framed hard tail anyday.

more beers, lees gears.
    ohh, and I have always questioned their pricing. $150 on ebay, of $650 from their store? why such a big difference?

meh... whatever
    the der hanger is a little high, so the der makes contact with the chainstay in the smallest cog, no biggie, these bikes are made to be ridden singlespeed anyway.
    ummmmm..... huh?

meh... whatever
    Quote Originally Posted by mattKHS
    ohh, and I have always questioned their pricing. $150 on ebay, of $650 from their store? why such a big difference?
    blems?

seconds?

just plain crap to begin with?

Retrograde Customs
    I currently own 4 fetish frames and I love them all. They are awesome
    Retrograde Customs

what nice teeth you have
    blems?

seconds?
    Thats what I was wondering when i finally figured out what was wrong with the headset. There was no warning from the ebayer that sold me the frame though. You gotta wonder what their thinking was to let a product like that hit the market.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I bought a Fetish Fixation from Lovemyfetishbike. I like the bike. It is my first venture into the SS world. I did have a problem with the seller. I asked for black and it came in red. He also took a while to get the bike out to me. So far in the 2 months and 200plus miles I have put on it, it has survived....so far.

more beers, lees gears.
    maybe im a snoob. but if i ordered black, and got red, i wouldn't be happy. I pretty picky about my colors. I assume because I am a graphic designer, the right color is important to me.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Did not want to go thru the trouble of sending it back and waiting another 2 to 3 weeks. If there was something structurally wrong with it I would have sent it back. And color to me really is just that color, not a big deal.

mtbr member

Fixation thoughts

I've been riding a Fixation for over two years and haev no problems or complaints about it at all. I bought it direct from Fetish shop form (i'm a mechanic at an LBS), and got a super price (way less than $150). They shipped it to my shop, and I had it within a cpuple days. I do live in AZ. The guys I dealt with were very cool, and very helpful.

I will say that the black color was actually a midnight blue. No biggy, and I did have to face the BB and headset, but was that the same deal when I got my Heckler frame and my Bullitt from Santa Cruz, I had to face everything myself. No biggy either.

I will say that after almost 3 years and god know how many miles, this bike has been trouble free for me. Everything fit squarely, and with good tolerances. Maybe I just got lucky, dunno. I give em thumbs up, sorry to hear about everyones problems with them. Just my two cents, for whatever it's worth.

Moto
    luck favors the prepared.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

ebay frames

Well, talking about frames from ebay i bought 2 already 1 is a fetish and the other is a leader, not to compare both but i love to ride my leader more, that was last year now that iam riding better got to upgrade and i sold both bikes and planing to buy a HT Stumpjumper. but the wife dont know it yet

meh... whatever
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoymtb
    but the wife dont know it yet
    and what she dont know wont hurt ya

more beers, lees gears.
    and what she dont know wont hurt ya
    i dont know about that. More like What she dont know WILL hurt you.

KOKOPELLI RACING
    i bought a fetish fixation SS a few months back.

although it is not as clean as my ellsworth moment or dare, it's acceptable for the price i paid ($600 complete). the welds are not as nice and a cheap paint job. i've had no mechanical problems however, i've only been on 1 ride (i beat the crap out of it down some rocky single track). if it falls apart, i'll chuck it and hook up an ellsworth one.

i've upgraded the bars, stems, seatpost and slapped a red chain on it.
    kokopelli racing

blame me for missed rides
    Quote Originally Posted by aka brad
    .... (are those chain ring bolts holding the bike together?) ....
    chainring bolts are actually much stronger than any other bolt you see on the bike with few exceptions. the thread on them is the same as your shimano rear hub axle.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Judge for yourself, but the Leader and the Fetish look like the exact same frame with different names.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Leader-Alumi...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/2007-Fetish-Cycl...QQcmdZViewItem

more beers, lees gears.
    they look a little different to me, and the geometry isnt exactly the same. Although both are made of crappy 7005 aluminum, and are both made overseas. Atleast leader gives you a lifetime frame warranty, where fetich tells you up front you get nothing once its shipped.

banned
    They import their frames from Asia. The frames are as cheap as they come and the stickers tend to crack. They are totally intro level frames and I would never ever ever want one other than to ride to my local grocery store. I purchased one on ebay and built it up as a starter road frame for my girl friend. Scratched and stickers ALL cracked within 3 months. It's now my grocery store bike.

meh... whatever
    Quote Originally Posted by mattKHS
    monogod is selling frames? any details?
    not selling yet.

will offer handbuilt (by moi) steel, scandium, or ti single speeds (mtn and road) with either sliders, track drops, or ebb. i really want to offer a higher end steel fixie frame with a bit slacker geometry than track bikes for real world riding. pistas look cool but theyre not comfy to put some miles on! surly's are great, but theyre low grade pipe steel. now imagine the best of both worlds...

also want to offer a frame with a higher bb to run longer cranks on for those who desire to ride fixed in the dirt.

i will NOT paint or powder coat the ti frames (too sexy to cover up), and will offer the others in a variety of powder coat hues (solid and candy) plus clear. one paint scheme i will offer is to have my niece and nephew (6 and 5 yrs old) paint the bike as they please and then powder coat clear over it. each one will be a unique work of art! had lots of interest in that idea so far. in fact, most people want either that or just plain clear or candy powder coat.

headbadge of custom builds will be unique to each customer as THEY will design it!

ramping up at the moment... buddy doing website, working out an arrangement with the powder coater, sourcing materials, getting all my ducks in a row. plus i have a couple of degrees im trying to get wrapped up at the moment. its grinding along slowly...

goal is to be up and going by beginning of second quarter next year.

matt, if youre interested you get one on the cheap in exchange for the ring material.

what nice teeth you have

also want to offer a frame with a higher bb to run longer cranks on for those who desire to ride fixed in the dirt.

Why a higher bb to run longer cranks for fixed mtb?

meh... whatever
    Quote Originally Posted by nadinno78
    Why a higher bb to run longer cranks for fixed mtb?
    avoid pedal strike.

what nice teeth you have
    Quote Originally Posted by onlyinajeepxj
    Judge for yourself, but the Leader and the Fetish look like the exact same frame with different names.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Leader-Alumi...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/2007-Fetish-Cycl...QQcmdZViewItem
    I also had the FS leader and the build quality on that was well above the fetish. The leader was a solid bike. Thought the geometry was a little funky but the welds were pretty nice.

singlespeed smash brother
    Quote Originally Posted by aka brad
    Check this out.
    http://www.fetishcycles.com/mountain...ion/index.html. (are those chain ring bolts holding the bike together?) While not the SS this is one crazy bike; "with a pivotless magnesium wrapped carbon fiber chain stay". Okay so maybe it's the other way around. When my Rocklobster was made, the left chain stay was 1.5 mm off. Paul jumped right on it and apologized. Granted mine was $900 frame, but these things do matter. Can you imagine the same thing with this place? These guys also sell carbon forks. Everybody now- Yikes

1G1G, Brad
    Thats looks like a rebadged Token frame. I've also seen it badged as a Keewee. I think they are just Tiwanese frames that are just rebadged and sold to these micro brand dealers.

when i start selling frames next year they'll have both a warranty and a return policy just as ANY reputable seller should have.

Good luck with that bro........keep us posted on da progress with pics, details, etc......peace
    "Roll your own......." Smokebikes.com

meh... whatever
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe

Good luck with that bro........keep us posted on da progress with pics, details, etc......peace
    thanks man.

actually, i was going to pick your brain a little about it some time since youve been there , done that.

Retro Grouch

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by shwinboy
    Thats looks like a rebadged Token frame. I've also seen it badged as a Keewee. I think they are just Tiwanese frames that are just rebadged and sold to these micro brand dealers.
    They had me going for a moment there.
    http://www.tokenproducts.com/05htm/index.php

Brad

In the rear with the gear
    Let me jump in with my two shekkels:

I have a Fixation frame that I have been riding for the past 4 months and it totally rocks! It has been the perfect frame for a 69er and it totally kicks ass in this configuration!

Granted, their selling practises are somewhat in question, what you see on their website compared to eBay is interesting. Yes, according to their website and what I have learned on the side, they designed a bunch a frames and then found a factory in Taiwan to build them, and they are then importing them and doing a nice paint job here in the states. Hey, it's the American way. That's no different than what most of the other bike companies are doing, only with the larger manufacturers, Giant is making all their frames. Who knows, maybe Giant is making these, too.

Take a look at the Mountain Rumble frames. They are very similar.

Yes, customer service blows. They don't answer emails and they eventually call back. It's almost as if this is just side business and the owner is really a plumber or a house builder. According to their website, they say are all about customer service. So, maybe they are making an attempt to get better.

Somebody commented on the chain stays on the Seduction. That makes them replaceable for when the they break - hopefully they won't or break that frequently. But 4" of rear travel pivotless travel - that rocks! There are quite a few other manufacturers doing this, too, you know. It's not new. I won't pay $1,600 for that frame when I could get a BlurXC for that same price but if it was priced more competitively I would probably get one.
    Get some Cycle Snack!

Iron Horse MKIII
    Q Ball 29er
    Fetish Fixed-ation 69er

mtbr member
    May 2007

I'm surprised at the reviews

I built up a Discipline in 2005 and have been racing it ever since. I've had NO problems with it and have to say that it's an excellent ride.
    I did have to have the threads chased when I put the BB in but other than that, everything went smoothly.
    It may be cheap and it may not have the best looking welds or stickers but who gives a s**t.
    I think the price dif is just a way to get them on the trails, get the name out there.

NardoSS

riiiiiight

Quote Originally Posted by FetishRider
    It may be cheap and it may not have the best looking welds or stickers but who gives a s**t.
    Sorry FetishRider but cheap welds is very important on a bicycle. Bad looking welds usually means poor quality welds or shoddy work.

Also, you're right, not everyone gives a sh!t, only those who like quality I suppose.

Cheap a$$ Tai frames with no warranty...yeeeeeeah, who gives a sh!t...

If that's all someone can afford to get out and ride then it's all good. Better a crappy bike on the trail than nothing at all.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I'm just speaking from my experiences, I ride hard and I'm no lightweight. If I have any failures, I'll let you all know.
    So far, it's been a great ride.
    My only other ride was a mid 90's Trek 950.
    I understand what you're saying about weld quality, only time will tell.

Retrograde Customs
    I'm sorry that all my fetish bikes serve me well. I know that's hard for some of you to accept, but it's the reality of the matter. As for their customer service, they've always answered the phone when I have called them during the day.
    Retrograde Customs

Members who have read this thread: 0