Fall Colors & Not Much Dirt- Mtbr.com
    Dain Bramaged

Fall Colors & Not Much Dirt

We went to stay with a couple of friends at a central Minnesota lake cabin this weekend. I brought the golf clubs in case he was well enough to play and the SS in case he was sick enough for me to attend the Upper Midwest SS Championships in Milaca on Saturday. The cabin was spectacular, the fall colors were firing up, golf was out of the question, but a sick kid eliminated the chance of getting to the feSStivities.

Instead we went wine tasting, and dinner & drinking Saturday. Sunday I got up early, pumped the 2.4 tires up to near 60psi and put on my cold-waether gear. Brilliant sunshine but very crisp temps meant the best possible colors. I hit the paved lake roads, checking out a few little side trails that beckoned. However I know from experience that heavily developed lakeshores might be great for most recreation but very poor for off-roading. The road fixie would have been perfect.

I ended up getting in lots of intervals on the hills, took an inviting little access doubletrack down into a wooded valley between ponds & lakes and saw colors, eagles, waterfowl galore, and a pair of huge great horned owls. Oh - and a butterfly. Enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dain Bramaged

One more pic

Here's the butterfly - I leaned the bike against the van to go in for shower & breakfast after the ride. When I came out this little guy was happily sunning on my bars and trying to find the center of my bell to drink out of - must have thought it was a flower.
    Attached Images Attached Images