eThirteen Chain guide and tensioner?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

eThirteen Chain guide and tensioner?

I am running a 1x8 (I know not singlespeed, but couldnt find where else to post this that a lot of guys would see)(if wrong forum, feel free to move) and I have been having problems with my chain coming off about 1-2 a ride. I have a MRP chain guide that works well, but am not 100% happy with it. I have been looking at a eThirteen chain guide and tensioner much like this one: e.Thirteen Hive Chain Guide | eBay

Is this the wrong application for one of those? Am I a idiot for thinking this? Any help is appreciative. Again I apologize if this is the wrong forum. Thanks guys!

-James

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Yeah, that would work if your bike has ISCG tabs. Alternately get the BBG bashwich guard. You can also post this in the Drivetrain forum. There's a 1x9 discussion there.

mtbr member
    Kaizer,
    Thanks for posting back. I would need to use one for a BB, I just posted that as an example. Thanks for your help.

-James

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I've got a BBG bashwich on order for my 1X9. I looked at guides but the rings just seemed simpler, more of a "sure thing", cleaner to setup and cheaper.

Members who have read this thread: 0