mtbr member

ENO vs RF X-Type

So, RaceFace was kind enough to replace my broken 180mm Turbines with some X-Type 180mm's. I had to pay alittle, but not bad, worth if for sure. 180mm Turbines are no longer available for replacement, FYI.

When the Turbines broke I bought White ENO cranks and have been running them for the last 15 rides or so. Like them alot! Simple setup, no issues.

Should I put the X-Types on? Will they really feel stiffer better? I have to put out some dough for rings since my Spot rings/bash guard are all 5 bolt. Or should I just keep running my nice ENO's and sell the X-types off? What would you do?

Thanks for the input.

MC

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Sell them to me.

I'll give you $200 for the set if it is Shiny Silver.

mtbr member

Well...

the rings are silver...but with Black arms!

Only $200....wow, I bet they'll ebay for more!

How about a trade for that pig of a frame you bought....is it a 19"?

MC

Quote Originally Posted by B R H
    I'll give you $200 for the set if it is Shiny Silver.

newbie boobie.
    Shoot me an email catty...

jacobslideATgmailDOTcom
    It ain't easy being human.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I had a heck of a time finding that frame. You could probably get more than $200 on eBay... I was just hoping for a deal. My wife's bike needs a new crankset and I've been happy with my Deus so far so I thought I'd get the same for here. Have to be shiny though. Whatever you do, either stick with the squares or external. Avoid ISIS like the plague!

mtbr member

email sent

nomessage

Quote Originally Posted by donkekus
    Shoot me an email catty...

jacobslideATgmailDOTcom

mtbr member

... and if we just ... Where did you break the Turbines?

Quote Originally Posted by MellowCat
    So, RaceFace was kind enough to replace my broken 180mm Turbines with some X-Type 180mm's. I had to pay alittle, but not bad, worth if for sure. 180mm Turbines are no longer available for replacement, FYI.

When the Turbines broke I bought White ENO cranks and have been running them for the last 15 rides or so. Like them alot! Simple setup, no issues.

Should I put the X-Types on? Will they really feel stiffer better? I have to put out some dough for rings since my Spot rings/bash guard are all 5 bolt. Or should I just keep running my nice ENO's and sell the X-types off? What would you do?

Thanks for the input.

MC
    Mello yello,
    Where did the turbines break? I ride Turbine LP's square taper on my Race Hardtail and on my Sugar 1.
    How did you break them?

I like your ENO's, and they look nice and different. Also, your chain line is already set. IF you put a new crank you will have to tinker with it again..... I recommend that you sell the Race Face cranks on ebay and get some paypal credits. Your bike is pretty loaded with chichi parts already. With your money, get a pair of Nokian Extreme 296 tires for the winter. These tires will let you ride over frozen lakes and snow like if it was hardpack.
    https://mojowheels.com/shopsite_sc/s...l/page123.html
    https://www.nokiantyres.com/bike/images/extreme296.jpg

The tires retail for $99 each, but mojowheels has them for $74. This has been my best investment since I move to this snow crap state.
    Last edited by Zion Rasta; 10-23-2004 at 07:56 PM. Reason: miss spelled
    Sit and spin my ass...

mtbr member

Yeah...

I'm keeping the ENO's for sure, they just work great.

I cracked the Turbines right at the base of the arm, where it goes into the spider. Pretty sure a crash I had started the crack. I took a pretty hard side impact on them.

I would like to check out those Nokian tires. Pricy, but fun I bet.

Did you ride at the MTB Festival today with Fett?

MC

Quote Originally Posted by Zion Rasta
    Mello yello,
    Where did the turbines break? I ride Turbine LP's square taper on my Race Hardtail and on my Sugar 1.
    How did you break them?

I like your ENO's, and they look nice and different. Also, your chain line is already set. IF you put a new crank you will have to tinker with it again..... I recommend that you sell the Race Face cranks on ebay and get some paypal credits. Your bike is pretty loaded with chichi parts already. With your money, get a pair of Nokian Extreme 296 tires for the winter. These tires will let you ride over frozen lakes and snow like if it was hardpack.
    https://mojowheels.com/shopsite_sc/s...l/page123.html
    https://www.nokiantyres.com/bike/images/extreme296.jpg

The tires retail for $99 each, but mojowheels has them for $74. This has been my best investment since I move to this snow crap state.