eno eccentric disc hub.- Mtbr.com
    the wrench

eno eccentric disc hub.

since ive converted my rm blizzard to single speed and not really looking back at putting gears on it. bucause it such a kick ass frame as it is i dont really wanna change that but the stupid tensioner thingy is noisy and ugly and i wanna get rid of it. the solution i have came up with would be the eccentric disc but i havent seen what it looks like as white ind. still doesnt have any pics of it on their site.

also, anyone here that has them, how are they? do they work well with the discs? and how much is this canuk looking at for one?

and just for the hell of it i decided to include a pic of my current conversion rig running 32-18.

notice the zit tie to add extra tention so that the chain doesnt get dropped over rooty, rocky ascents.
    do it, do it DO IT!!
    DOOOO IIIIIT!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Good job!

I am running a ENO eccentric disc hub on my 2004 Blizzard and it has worked great all year. The set up was really smooth and I had only a few adjustments throughout the year. I was worried about changing the gearing and thus the set up so I used a 36X20 thus allowing me to run a 34X18 or a 38X22 (rule of four) without messing the disc adjustment. I switched once to a 34X18 and it worked great. I bought mine through Red Bke in Edmonton and I think it was around $290.00 (canadian) for the hub and disc adaptor. Money well spent in my opinion beacuse the other option was to get an EBB installed but that was going to be more of a hassle. Also for the last 3 months I have used the hub with a drilled out cog for fixed gear riding as well. Hope this helps.

the wrench
    thanks for the response. u mentioned that you have it set up so that you dont have to change change any adjustments through the rule of four. does that mean that its hard to adjust?

do you have any pics of the setup so i can see how the disc part works.
    do it, do it DO IT!!
    DOOOO IIIIIT!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Sorry I have no pictures of the set up but I believe that there is some posted previous on the board. There are two small set screws below each eccentric mount on the disc adaptor. One has to be careful not to strip these. Although the set up was smooth IMHO once I had it dialed I did not want to mess with it much. My wrenching skills are OK but with other obligations I didn't want to spend alot of time adjusting the set up if I wanted to change gearing. I did change the gearing once (to see if it worked out) but ended up running the 36X20 all of the time. It is a great product but I wanted to set it and forget it. I gusess I might not have answered your question because I did not fiddle around with it too much. Hopefully this helps.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    hey garboui, I can run 32x18 on my blizzard without any noisy tensioner thingy and the chain tension is perfect! You should give it a whirl..

the wrench
    what year is youre frame. because if i dont have the tentioner on it works fine for the road but theres still enough slack that the chain can bounce off. my frame is a 2004. they may have shortened the rear end between years.
    do it, do it DO IT!!
    DOOOO IIIIIT!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

change the tensioner thing

reverse the tensioner thing so that it pulls down on the chain. will need to change the spring. run the chain thru the "loop" (face down so as not to hit the chain stay) to keep it on the pulley. this should quiet things up a bit. i run my litespeed ocoee in this fashion. jason

the wrench
    if i run it in push down i have to add a link to the chain and because its physicaly impossible for the tentioner to swing up that far. because of this there is not enough contact area so durrung hard pedalling the chain will jump over the rear cog. and about having the chain through the loop the fatter side of the 3piece link just hits it because im using an 1/8" chain.
    do it, do it DO IT!!
    DOOOO IIIIIT!!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    mines a 2003. I think the chainstay measures in at 16 3/4. That sucks that they changed the 2004's, I was hoping it was the same for all blizzard's incase I pick another one up someday. Now I have an excuse to get an ENO

the wrench
    yeah looking at their catologe thay have been shortened just sloghtly to 16.73" that could be just enough to make it not work.

still not a reason not to buy another one its such a sweet frame.
    do it, do it DO IT!!
    DOOOO IIIIIT!!

widebody
    Mar 2004
    Here's a few pics of the eccentric disc adapter. Works great with no slippage at all. I believe the shop guys said it was a bit of a pain to set up because it was their first one. I bet it's a no brainer now.(thanks PATH) Been in use 7 months now and have not touched it, even for chain stretch and a recent new chain installation. Hard to visualize in the pics, hope it helps. john
    Attached Images Attached Images

the wrench
    cool looks pretty straight foward; im sold. now the only task is to justify spending the money i need for food and school.

oh yeah, what holds the litle eccentric bits on the disc adapter from turning?
    do it, do it DO IT!!
    DOOOO IIIIIT!!

Members who have read this thread: 1