ENO bearings...- Mtbr.com

Thread: ENO bearings...

mtbr member

ENO bearings...

I think I need to replace my ENO hub bearings. I don't have a ton of miles on them, but I think they got slightly pooched when i swapped axles. They feel very loose now -- like badly adjusted traditional bearings. There's no play side to side, but the wheel feels ... umm ... wrong? it's lost that nice dampened feel that cartridges normally have, and that the front wheel (same age) still has.

According to the Park Blue Book, it's nearly impossible to pull and replace the bearings on a cartriddge hub without damaging them, so it seems like that's what has happened.

So: does anyone know the specs for the ENO bearings off hand? Can anyone recommend a source for replacements? Ernesto: do you stock some?

I need to order some bearings from Phil Wood anyways for some formula hubs, so I was thinking of just getting some for the ENO from Phil too. Good plan? Pie?

Thanks for the input.

PS: Think I can pull the seals off and repack them with grease or something to improve them?

Interlectchewal
    My hunch is that they are 15 x 28 x 7 (inner diameter x outer diameter x width), maybe by Enduro.

Confirmed. (See specs chart: "Bearings two: 6902-2rs" )
    Last edited by tvrbob86; 03-24-2008 at 09:04 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Phil Wood makes some damn nice bearings, so you can't go wrong there. I have removed many hub sealed bearings without damaging them. I bought the Enduro puller and that helps with the Surly hubs. For the Formula hubs I removed all the nuts on one side, leave the last one tight against the bearing on the other and give the axle a whack. Bearing removed, no damage. Easy to reinstall. I used some washers as a bearing press along the bolt on axles. Track nuts have a nice large flange to distribute the load. I love new bearings. I like spinning a wheel, walking away, make a sandwich, come back, still spinning.

mtbr member
    Ordered the Phil's ... I'll have someone supervise my installation to make sure I don't ruin another set. At least they're cheap. I can convince myself it was just a luxury upgrade.

Members who have read this thread: 0