Endless cogs on Hope Pro II Hub?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Endless cogs on Hope Pro II Hub?

Just building my new Ventana El Comandante.. went to put on a NEW endless 19T (and also a 17T) and found it was too tight to get on the Pro II hub.. Anyone else had this issue??

A Boone was tightish, but went on fine.

mtbr member
    I had a problem removing my cassette from the ProII. I guess the freehub body was notched a bit. I finally pulled it off (along with the freehub body). When I went to put the Surly spacers and cog on, they went on with difficulty. I assume this is all due to the wear on the freehub body by the cassette.

mtbr member
    Endless cogs do fit tightly. If your hub has any raised notches from previous use they will need to be filed down. I have not put an Endless on a Hope hub, but I ran into this problem when trying to put one on my old Machine Tech hub. A little filing on the notches and it went on. It was still tight, but it did go.

FWIW, they even fit tightly on a steel Shimano cassette body.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I have a 18T Endless that fits tight... what's weird is that I have a 22T Endless that does not fit tight. So I was assuming it was their quality control or lack thereof. I'm using Surlys now with no issues.

mtbr member
    Had the same issue with WTB cogs on my Pro II SS. There weren't any notches in the freehub either.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Pro II hubs are very tightly toleranced... its quite annoying really.

Took be about half an hour to get my hope spacers off!

mtbr member
    I haven't tried endless but Surly cogs have slid easily on my hope pro IIs and DT 240s. Both are SS hubs.

mtbr member
    Worked it out.. Just got a rounded file and worked the inside of the cog the smallest bit. Took about 3 minutes of fine tuning.. all good now! Thanks guys

mtbr member
    They should be easier to take off now. I had to change the order of the spacers after removing a chainguide and was a bit nervous but the spacers cam off with not too much fuss. Good luck!

I wasn't Kung Fu fighting
    Jun 2005

Endless cogs

might be the worst cogs made. I had to file the holly h*ll out of it just to get it on the hub... after three or four rides 2 teeth had disappeared. No I wasn't JRA, but I wasn't hucking shore style either... just hard XC. The thing is a total turd and this is the least aptly named company of all time. I'm not usually a hater, but their lack of customer service and crap products combined have made me unusually hostile.

King cogs are cheaper, last a LOT longer and are lighter. The King steel cog is a bit lighter than the Slurry and seems to last forever. Slurry's are relatively cheap and damn near indestructible.
    Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the priveledge.

Members who have read this thread: 0