EBB torque settings.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005

EBB torque settings.

Can anyone offer me a suggested torque setting for the retaining bolts on a phil wood ebb into an indy fab ti deluxe?
    Yesterday i stripped the threads on a relatively cheap stem,now suddenly im ultra paranoid about all bolts on all components.So ive ordered a torque wrench for future use.I really dont want to strip the threads on my frame!
    Thanks for any help.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Im using a Race face Diabolous. Its an overkill for what I do. XC and light jumps and roots/rocks. Does anybody know the Weight of the Diabolous Cranks? Im thinking of switching also to a lighter weight.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Huh???

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I use fairy liquid,helps keep my hands nice and soft and i am just about to take my dog out.Hope that answers your question.

Out spokin'
    LOL, train seems to have jumped the tracks.

Anyway mudplugger, what type of EBB do you have, set screw or split shell (aka pinch bolt)? I can't actually tell you the torque settings for either, but I can tell you that they're vastly different, and thought I'd point this out before someone comes along and offers one while your bike is equipped with the other.

Best of luck with future replies.

--Sparty

P.S. FWIW I have a split shell / pinch bolt EBB in my Vulture and can testify to the effect of overtorquing. I snapped one of the braze-ons clean off a few years ago. Fortunately it was an easy fix for my framebuilder, but what a sinking feeling when it happens. I still never use a torque wrench on it, but I learned what's right the hard way.
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Oh im sorry for the confussion. I accidentally post my question to different thread.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    My ebb is of the set screw variety.Ordered myself a new stem this moning,still kicking myself...

Members who have read this thread: 1