EBB Positioning- Mtbr.com

Thread: EBB Positioning

Cars Are Evil

EBB Positioning

What the ideal position for an Eccentric Bottom Bracket? Worst position? Does it really matter? I can see how the different positons would affect handling and clearance to the ground, but I'm wondering if there's something I'm not thinking about. FWIW, I have a Rig and weigh 230.

For position, I'm referencing looking at it from the right side. So 6'Oclock would be on the bottom, 3'Oclock would be toward the front, etc.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Where the chain adjustment is correct. Other than that up/down, forward/back is more a personal preference.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vermont29er
    What the ideal position for an Eccentric Bottom Bracket? Worst position? Does it really matter? I can see how the different positons would affect handling and clearance to the ground, but I'm wondering if there's something I'm not thinking about. FWIW, I have a Rig and weigh 230.

For position, I'm referencing looking at it from the right side. So 6'Oclock would be on the bottom, 3'Oclock would be toward the front, etc.
    The position that places the least torque on the EBB is at 3 o'clock or 9 o'clock (sine of angle yadayada) . That only matters if you have a problem with it slipping or creaking (230 lbs?). But getting close to that postion means the right gears or even a half-link.

Out spokin'

Nothing matters

Quote Originally Posted by Vermont29er

Figure out your perferred seat tube angle & BB height. Put 'er there, so long as you can tension your chain with it there.

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

mtbr member
    I place the EBB at 12-3 or 6-9. That way, if for some reason the EBB should start to slide, it will stretch the chain rather than slacken it. Hasn't happened yet though, so it's more of a hypothetical question for me.

Members who have read this thread: 0